Chapter 4

As Adam and I looked at each other, his face changed.

He looked upset.

The girl noticed our exchange, and managed to slip away.

After a couple more seconds of staring at Adam, I turned to leave.

"Cass!" Adam yelled, and I could hear his racing footsteps behind me.

I took a breath, turning around to meet his eyes.

"I get it. We're not together, so I shouldn't be upset. It's cool. You can do what you want. I'm gonna go.."

Adam ran ahead of me, stopping me in my tracks.

"You don't have to go. I'm sorry about that. She threw herself at me."

I chuckled, taking a breath. "Adam, I don't care. It's just clear that I'm not your type. I understand, now seriously, I'm leaving."

Without letting him say another word, I finally walked away and made my way out of the venue, and to my car. I hadn't even made it out of the parking lot before I felt the tears spilling down my cheeks.

I wiped them away angrily with one hand, while holding the wheel with the other.

Why was I so upset over this? We weren't even together. I'm glad I didn't let my wall down completely, and maybe it's for the best. I've never had the best luck with guys. My last relationship is proof of that.

~~~~

I wiped some more tears as I unlocked my apartment door, and walked inside.

Manny was instantly standing at my side.

"What's wrong, Cassie?!" He asked, leading me over to the couch.

"It's nothing..I shouldn't even be crying..but I saw Adam and some model kissing backstage after the show. I shoulda known it was too good to be true."

Manny sighed, rubbing my arm gently and comforting.

"I'm sorry, Cass. I'm sure it sucks, but there must be some explanation."

"Maybe...but it's not worth hearing. I'm just glad I wasn't in too deep."

Manny smiled softly and pulled me in for a side hug.

"It'll be okay. I promise."

~~~

One day later

I woke up, feeling strangely refreshed. I quickly showered, and threw on my work clothes. I pinned some of my hair back, while leaving some of it down.

I put on some light makeup, and looked at myself in the mirror.

Good enough.

I grabbed my stuff, and walked outside to my car.

Man, was I sick of this same bullshit routine.

I drove over to the hotel, and parked in the lot. I grabbed my purse and walked inside, to where Dan was waiting for me.

"Hey, Cassie. I though you went MIA. I didn't hear from you at all yesterday."

I managed a small smile. "I was sick."

Well, that was half a lie. I was really sitting on my couch stuffing my face with ice cream, trying to forget about Adam. But to no avail.

"Oh well, I hope you're feeling better, but it's up to you where you want to work today."

I thought for a moment. "Towel room. I would rather remain out of sight."

Dan nodded, and let me walk around him, and back into the room.