Chapter 16

Cassie's POV

I was trying to catch my breath, which was getting challenging, when Adam ran in.

His face dropped in shock, just staring at the bloody floor.

"Adam!!!" I exclaimed.

He broke out of his reverie to pick me up bridal style, and carry me out of the bathroom.

I was crying now, because I knew what was happening.

Adam had his hand on my cheek softly. With concerned eyes, he picked up his car keys, and his phone, dialing 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"My girlfriend's pregnant, and now she's bleeding heavily."

After giving our address, Adam hung up.

He tried to calm me down by helping me breathe.

"Oh, my god..." I muttered breathlessly.

The pain was pretty unbearable right now.

After about five minutes, a paramedic raced through the bedroom door with a stretcher, and placed me on it gently.

I reached out for Adam.

He grabbed my hand instantly, following us out of the bedroom.

When we reached the ambulance, Adam kissed my head quickly.

"I'll meet you at the hospital, I have to make some calls."

I nodded, understanding, as the paramedic lifted up the stretcher and pushed me into the ambulance.

~~~

As soon as I arrived to the hospital, I was instantly rushed into a room. A nurse tried to maintain the bleeding by changing my bloody clothes into clean ones, but to no avail. The blood was still flowing, just slowing down.

Just then, the doctor came in, and saw my state. He instantly walked back out.

About a minute later, he came back with a sonogram machine.

My heart was racing with fear, because I knew what he was checking for.

My baby.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to look at the screen.

I felt the gel being rubbed on my stomach gently, and the detector rolling around.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I heard it.

"I'm sorry, Ms. West. You're having a miscarriage.."

I could hear the doctor exit, probably to leave me alone.

The tears started flowing more rapidly, so I opened my eyes.

Adam was standing in the doorway with an extremely sad look on his face. The doctor must have told him.

I burst into tears as Adam came up to the bed, and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my forehead repeatedly.

"Sssh, it's okay. I'm so sorry, Cass."

His voice quivered, and I knew he was crying now.

I looked up at him with tear-stained cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Adam. It was your kid too. I lost him or her. I'm such a failure as a mother, it's all my fault."

Adam kissed my lips softly, caressing my cheek with all the love he could.

"Don't ever say that. You will be a wonderful mother. This isn't your fault, Cass. We'll get through this."

I sighed, staring at the wall.

"Will we?" I asked quietly, almost a whisper.

Adam looked down at me, running his hand through my hair.

"We will. Everything will heal. I promise, babe." He replied.

I nodded hesitantly in agreement, and placed my head on his chest, as he got into the bed with me.

"Who did you call?" I asked.

"Your dad, and my mom." He said.

I closed my eyes. Now they would both know what a failure this was. They would be so disappointed to not have a grand kid. I knew I shouldn't think like this, but I couldn't think any other way.

The tears started sliding down my face again, this time silently.

Only one question came to my mind: Why me?

~~~~

A/N hey, I know it's short, it's like a filler again.

The next one will be longer, and I have ideas :) heehee.

If I have time, I'll update Sunday or Monday, If not, sometime next week.

Comment, vote! xx

Love you guys!

-Hannah