Chapter 14

Cassie's POV

"Are you sure?" Adam asked me, placing his arms around me, picking me up off the bathroom floor.

I nodded. "Let's go. Now."

Adam and I walked out of the bathroom, and into the living room.

He grabbed his keys, and I grabbed my purse.

We walked out to the car, and got in.

I took a deep breath.

~~~

Adam's POV

I'm a little nervous. I have an idea of what it might be, and I'm mentally smacking myself for not being more careful.

What am I gonna do if Cassie is pregnant? I'm a rockstar, in a world-famous band. How am I supposed to take care of a kid?! I'm not even married!

I love Cassie so much, I plan on marrying her. I do. But this is backwards. The kid comes after marriage. Even though I don't think I would be good with kids, I would love my daughter or son with everything I have.

There's never a bad time for a family, but there is too-early timing.

Despite all of that, if Cassie is pregnant, I will be there for her, support her, and be a father.

~~~~

Cassie's POV

We drove the fifteen minutes to the hospital, Adam's hand interlocked in mine the whole ride.

We parked in the crowded lot, and Adam stepped out of the car, circling around to open my door for me. I smiled in response, and got out.

We walked inside to the front lobby hand in hand.

Adam approached the nurse at the counter.

"Good afternoon." She smiled at us.

"Is there an appointment available right now? My girlfriend is in need of some help." Adam replied.

The nurse smiled up at us, typing something in the computer.

"Dr. Matthews is available. Shall I phone him?" She asked.

I nodded nervously, and she picked up the phone.

About five minutes later, a young man approached us.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Matthews." He smiled genuinely, shaking our hands.

I managed a smile, and took a breath.

"I need a test done ASAP." I said.

Because of his doctorate status, he understood, and motioned for me and Adam to follow him.

We all walked down the hallway, and into a small, white room.

Adam helped me up onto the seat, and we both turned to face the doctor.

"So, Ms.-"

"West." I added.

"Ms. West, I'm assuming, by your nervous state, you think you might be pregnant?"

Adam and I exchanged a glance, and I nodded.

"Give me a moment, and I'll be right back with the sonogram machine." The doctor grinned, exiting the room.

I turned to Adam, releasing a nervous breath I didn't realize I had been holding.

After a second, I spoke.

"What if I am pregnant??" I asked Adam.

He placed his hand on my cheek, a genuine, loving smile, appearing on his face.

"Then we'll raise him or her. We didn't plan it, obviously, and it is a bit early, but I couldn't be happier that you're going to have my kid."

I kissed him, staring into his eyes.

"I love you, Adam." I whispered.

"I love you more than anything, baby."

A minute later, Dr. Matthews returned, rolling a machine I could only identify as a sonogram.

My heart started racing fast and furious, and Adam gripped my hand reassuringly.

~~~

I laid back, and lifted my shirt for the doctor. He rubbed a jelly-like substance on my stomach.

It was so cold.

Not even a second passed before the detector was placed on my stomach. Dr. Matthews rubbed it around, watching the screen.

His expression was indefinite.

I felt like I couldn't catch my breath, and turned to Adam. He flashed me a smile before I turned back to look at the screen again.

Finally, after a few minutes, Dr. Matthews grinned.

"Congratulations! You are indeed pregnant! You are at least 2 weeks, Ms. West!"

I let out a gasp looking at Adam.

He had a soft smile on his face.

~~~~

Later that day.

I let out a breath as I sat down on the couch.

Adam came in, and plopped down next to me, pulling me closer.

I let out a chuckle. "We're having a baby."

Adam let out a chuckle in response. "Yep. Me and you. Unmarried too."

I looked up at Adam. "I'm not ready to get married again. At least not yet."

He smiled down at me, and kissed my nose.

"I know that. This is all a little backwards, but it will be okay. We'll figure it out."

A smile played at my lips, and I cuddled closer to Adam.

"The hard part is telling your dad, and my mom. They might kill us both." Adam said, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

I giggled, "If that happens to become the case, at least we'll die together."

Adam smirked adorably. "My mom's flying in to visit in a week. I guess we'll tell her then."

I kissed Adam passionately. "Can't wait, baby."

~~~

A/N update because it's been awhile. I know it's short, it's a filler.

The next chapter will be longer, and quite surprising.

Comment, vote!

Love you guys

-Hannah