Chapter 13

Cassie's POV

Two days later

12 noon

I rolled over, to find myself squeezed against Adam, tightly in his arms.

I giggled softly, and kissed him.

His eyes fluttered open, and a sexy smirk grew on his face.

"Morning." I said.

His grip around me tightened.

"I love waking up to you every morning." Adam grinned, kissing my lips.

I blushed a little, nodding in agreement. "Me too."

I sat up, and winced.

"Your leg?" Adam asked.

I nodded, and looked down at it. I had to change the guaze every four hours, for like a week. It's been two days since the Luke thing.

Adam caressed my leg softly, sighing.

"I know I've said it a million times since, but I'm sorry that happened to you."

I looked into his eyes, my hand softly on his cheek.

"I know, but it's not your fault..we couldn't have known. Thankfully, he's locked up.."

Adam smiled against my hand. "Yeah.."

Just as I was about to speak again, my phone rang.

I leaned over to the bedside table, and grabbed my phone, answering it.

"Hello?"

"Ah, honey, I'm glad you answered!"

I smiled despite myself. "Dad?!!"

I heard his laugh on the other end. "Yep, what's up??"

I've only seen my dad once or twice since I've came out here because he's always so busy with his company. He's never really told me what it was. All I know is that it's legal. We talk on the phone all the time, but I hadn't heard from him in a week.

"Nothing's up, I'm just sitting in bed with my boyfriend..?" I replied hesitantly, gauging my Dad's reaction.

"Oh, are you really?? Well I was just calling to see if you wanted me to come over and see you. It's my day off, and I wanted to spend it with you, sweetie."

I smiled wide, nodding, even though he clearly couldn't see it.

"That would be great actually. But, um, I don't exactly live at the apartment complex anymore.."

"Then where do you live?" My dad asked.

"With..Adam.." I replied.

Adam smiled at the mention of his name.

"Is this Adam the boyfriend then?" My dad responded after a second.

"Yeah. So if you want to see me, you could come up to his house.."

My dad laughed, "Well if I must...I want ta meet this kid that has you so in love.."

I turned to look at Adam, a smirk on my face, the phone still clutched in my hand.

"He would love to meet you!" I exclaimed.

Adam shot me a confused look.

I gave my dad his address, and found out the time he would be here, and then hung up.

Adam stared at me. "So, I'm guessing that was your dad??"

"Yeah. He wants to meet you. He wanted to come by to see me, but I told him I lived with you now. So, he should be here in a couple hours."