Chapter 18

Cassie's POV

I grabbed my cup with my tea, just as I felt Adam's arms around my waist.

He kissed my neck, and I smiled.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Just making some tea, you?" I giggled.

"Um, the guys want to meet and continue writing in the studio today, but if you don't feel good, I won't go--"

I shut Adam up with a kiss.

"Go. I'm fine. It's okay, babe." I said, planting another kiss on his cheek.

He smirked, and kissed my temple.

"Okay, I'll be home in a couple hours, alright?"

I nodded, as he unwrapped himself, grabbed his keys, kissed me once more, and walked towards the door.

"I love you, Cassie."

"I love you too, Adam."

As soon as he was out of the house, I walked to the cupboard, and grabbed my hidden bottle of vodka.

I also grabbed my favorite shot glass.

I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but I couldn't help it. I needed some way to cope with the miscarriage. Alcohol brought me peace.

I poured the first shot, and downed it, sighing in ecstasy at the burning down my throat.

I poured another one, and gulped it down quickly.

~~~~

1 hour later.

I giggled drunkenly, as I stumbled to the couch.

I didn't remember how many shots I had. I stopped counting after four.

My vision blurred, and I saw two couches.

I tried to sit on the second one, and I felt a hard surface underneath me.

This wasn't the couch.

I laughed at myself, and pushed myself up as best I could.

I wasn't supposed to be thinking, but I was.

I felt tears spring to my eyes as I thought about my lost baby.

I couldn't contain my emotions right now, and I sure as hell didn't want to be in this house, with all of these memories swirling throughout it.

I wiped my tears, and glanced around the room.

Through my blurred vision, I saw my keys sitting on the table.

Not thinking, I grabbed them.

I stumbled out the door, and outside to my car.

I didn't know where I was gonna go, but I couldn't stay there.

When I arrived at wherever I was going, I would call Adam and let him know.

I got into the drivers seat, and I saw two steering wheels.

I closed my eyes tight, then reopened them.

My focus was a bit better, so I put the key in the ignition.

I put the car in drive, and I raced out of the driveway.

Tears were falling down my face again, and I was trying to stay in between the white lines of the road.

In an instant, I heard the crashing of metal, and the impact. My head hit the front window, and my world went black.

~~~

Adam's POV

I was trying to call Cassie to make sure she was okay.

She wasn't answering her phone.

I was getting really worried. I didn't think she would leave the house, if that's what she did.

I knew she was hurting bad, so she wasn't necessarily in the right state of mind to do anything right now.

I hung up as Cassie's voicemail came on.

"Guys, I'm really worried. Cass isn't picking up."

Jesse looked at me. "Go see if she's okay. We can rehearse any day."

I nodded in understanding, and telling them I would see them soon, sprinted out to my car.

As soon as I got in, my phone rang.

'Cassie!' I thought.

The number didn't look familiar, but I answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Is this Mr. Adam Levine?" A woman that wasn't Cassie asked.

"Um, yes. What's going on?"

"You were the number one contact in her phone. I'm sorry to inform you, Mr. Levine, but your girlfriend Cassandra West has been in a car accident."

I was numb, and I couldn't breathe.

"What hospital??"

~~~

A/N short I know. Most of this was supposed to be in the last chapter. But for some reason it wasn't, so I just changed it up a bit and put it in here.

Comment, vote! xx

-Hannah