bestfriend

thalias pov

"no, somethings definitely wrong" i said as Kristina, summer and I made our way to the lunch room at school.

we took a seat at our usual table.

"we broke up" summer said all of a sudden, making both Kristina and I go wide eyed.

never in a million years did I expect this. Even though I had my suspicions about Dylan, I didn't think they would break up.

"for real"? Kristina questioned, placing her hand gently on top of summers on the table for comfort.

summer shook her head and I could tell she was about to cry.

"he fucken told me straight up that he never loved me. he lied" she spoke, her voice cracking at the last bit.

"I'm gonna go slap some sense into him" I said, genuinely getting angry.

why do you get into a relationship when you can't commit to one?

"No, please don't. Just leave it, I don't want to make it bigger" she pleaded and I nodded, only because I didn't want her to feel any worse.

after school

"can you guys drop me home, Kian isn't here today" I asked Grayson and Kristina in the car park.

Usually Ethan would drop me home, but I haven't spoken to him for a few days.

I do miss him, he's my bestfriend. But being so close to him was only causing trouble. I just need some time away from him.

Truth is, I don't know how long I'll be able to stay away.

"Yeah yeah, hop in" grayson said giving me a warm smile.

It's funny because Grayson is such a closed up person. so is Ethan.

They both only speak to certain people and keep their friend circle small.

And they're completely rude to anyone who tries to talk to them except for the people in our group.

I don't know why.

At the beginning of high school, everyone thought the twins would be players. Even I did, despite knowing them all my life.

I guess they just came across as players with their confident personality and looks.

But they're not.

Grayson's been with Kristina for more then two years now and you can tell how much they love each other.

They're both so loyal to each other, it's beautiful.

I wish I had something like that, but I guess I haven't really been the best person lately.

We filled Grayson in on the whole summer and dylan situation and he was extremely pissed.

"man what a fucking dick" he spoke and his jaw clenched every now and then.

Grayson is so faithful, he doesn't tolerate cheating at all. I don't even think he'll continue to be friends with Dylan because of that.

Neither will I, I don't need to surround myself around that type of person.

On a more positive note, our conversation switched.

"tomorrow's Friday, and Friday night is our flight for Hawaii guys" Kristina cheered as we neared my house.

That's right. I completely forgot with all this drama.

"I haven't even packed" I spoke with slight panic.

"Do it now" grayson chuckled as he parked outside my house.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow" I said running out of the car and into the house.

>
summers pov

I needed someone to talk to, and I knew exactly who I needed.

juanpa.

I know, weird. But he's such a bubbly and funny person, and I figured that's exactly what I need.

"hey can you please come over to mine, I just need to talk" my message read.

in a few short minutes I got his reply.

"yeah of course, I'll be over in 10" he replied.

soon juanpa came over and we were both sitting in my room silently. I didn't know where to start. I want to tell him but it's hard to let it out.

I guess I still haven't wrapped the head around the fact that I'm no longer with him.

"soo" he chuckled as he sat next to me on my bed.

"dylan and I broke up. he lied the whole time" I said, on the verge of crying.

"Oh shit dude" he spoke, pulling me into a hug.

"are you alright?" He asked.

"I will be... hopefully" I muttered into his chest.

"well you know what, fuck him. Oh wait no.. don't fuck him, fuck me... uhh too soon?" He mumbled causing me to completely break down in laughter.

"oh my gosh" I chuckled.

He never fails to make me laugh. I'm so lucky to have a friend like him.

"The thing is, tomorrow we leave for the trip and I don't want him to be there as well. It's going to be awkward" I spoke honestly.

"Algood, we're gonna have a blast" he replied.

juanpas pov

When she told me that they broke up, I felt so fucking bad for her.

I knew the dude wasn't being honest from the start, she's such a lovely girl and she didn't deserve that.

She deserves someone way better, someone who would always treat her perfectly.

I've liked summer for ages, I'm pretty sure everyone in the group knows except for Dylan and her.

I hate to say it, but a part of me was also happy they broke up.

Obviously I'm not just gonna swoop in and ask her out just yet, she'll need time after that.

But I do genuinely really like her. I'll just see where things go.

I'm excited for this trip man, I reckon all of us need a break from New Jersey for a while.
___

HEY YALL!! hope you liked this chapter. wonder what that trip to Hawaii holds for the squaaa!

vote for more chapters yayay