heartbreak

kians pov

heartbreak.

that's all I feel.

her words pierced through me like an arrow. i literally couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I didn't know how to feel.

A part of me expected this, but another part of me was hopeful that it would never come to this. i never thought she could stoop so low.

I would never ever do that to her. I loved her with all my heart.

I still fucken do.

I came back from such a great day to hear this. to hear that thalia cheated on me with Ethan.

i have zero respect left for Ethan now. none.

he doesn't deserve it.

"kian im sorry" she spoke, her voice cracking.

is she though? i don't think so.

because she wants him, and she knew that all along. but she still didn't have enough respect for me to come tell me herself.

"you're good at that" i spat as I paced around the room, gripping my hair in stress.

"good at what?" She asked as she sat on the bed in front of me.

"Good at making people feel like they're more important to you than they really are" i spoke honestly.

tears spilled from her eyes. he gorgeous eyes that I melt into.

"i was torn between holding onto what you promised, and the reality of you not being able to deliver it" I spoke, talking about her love.

She promised me that she loved me. she didn't. it isn't love if she cheated on me like that.

"Kian I really am so-sorry" she said in between sobs.

I'm not a mean person. I don't want to hurt her because I know how it feels. I'm not gonna be a dick to her.

I still believe she deserves happiness. Everyone does.

"it's okay. I want you to be happy, and if that's with Ethan then I'm fine with that." I spoke honestly, despite my anger for Ethan right now.

"Of course it hurts and I won't be able to get over you. Or at least I think I won't. You were and will always be my first love thalia. And I'll love you after everything as well" I continued.

she looked at me, the tears stopping slightly.

"I don't deserve you at all" was all she was able to say before crying again.

I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.
she's not mine anymore. I can't even kiss her.

she hugged me back and cried into my chest.

The time I've spent with her has been amazing. I'm sad to see it end this way, I really did see a future with her.

I guess the feeling wasn't mutual.

she seems like such a perfect girl. But like the moon, she has a side so dark that even the stars can't shine on it. She has a side of her so cold that even the sun can't burn it.

The thing about relationships is that it's all fun and games until somebody falls in love and the other person doesn't feel the same way.

I guess the moral of my story is that no matter how much we try and no matter how much we want it, some stories just don't have a happy ending. Like mine.

I booked a ticket back to New Jersey early morning tomorrow because I honestly can't stand being here anymore.

it's not just thalia, it's Ethan.

I'm going to get pissed when I see him and I don't want to do something stupid. I'm not that kind of guy.

and for the most part of the night, I cried.

I lost the only girl I've ever loved, the only girl I've ever needed. I lost her.

>
thalias pov

after i kissed Ethan, I told him to get out of the room. i locked myself in there until everyone came home and told kian everything.

He didn't deserve to be cheated on, and certainly didn't deserve to be lied to either. I had to tell him.

Everything just blew over. everything.

but I guess, the more you hide your feelings for someone the more you fall for them.

A part of me is also happy. Kian won't be lied to continuously anymore. I don't have to hide the way I truly feel anymore.

But guilt is all I feel. I've done something so horrible and immature. I hate it.

I don't even want to see Ethan right now. I don't know how I feel about anything.

of course I have feelings for Ethan, it's obvious. but maybe I just need to pause for a bit. I've just gotten out of a relationship and I don't want to jump straight into a new one.

I need time.
___

so this chapter was kinda short but I still hope y'all liked it! vote + comment for more <3