Chapter One- Change In Colors

i hope this chapter is a good beginning chapter. idk I'm really excited to write this book.

I looked at my reflection and nearly fell from shock.

Chapter One- Change In Colors

Riley's POV

I woke up with the sun's rays in my eyes and a raging pain in my shoulder. But the minute I sat up, pain coursed through my head. Glancing around the room, I noticed I was unfamiliar with my surroundings. But just from the sight of the gold and white decorations, I concluded that I was still in Adam's mansion. I tried to recall last night's events but thinking, caused my brain to ache. 

Sliding off the white plush bed, I walked to the closest door. My eyes burned from the incredibly bright light that illuminated the hallway but they adjusted in well time. The moment I stepped out of my room, a man dressed in a tuxedo, joined my side.

"Is there anything I can help you with today, Master Riley?" the man asked. I was taken aback by the proper noun. I was never recognized as someone of high royalty or high rank so this was new to me. 

"Where's Adam?" I questioned, my hand ,subconsciously, rubbing my head to take the pain away. 

"Master Adam is awaiting your presence in the dinner hall," he said with a smile. "Your change of clothes and medicine is in the bathroom. I'll be here when you're ready to eat." 

I debated on whether I should demand to see Adam or go to the bathroom. The medicine sounded extremely favoring so I turned back around and walked to the bathroom, that was connected to the bedroom. After taking a quick shower and changing into some fresh clothes, I took the medicine and exited the room, once again.

"Are you ready?" the butler asked when I was in the hallway. I nodded my head before following him through the hallway and down a huge set of stairs. He led me to another huge door, that a huge 'A' engraved on the front. 

The minute the door opened and Adam's face came into view, I had to struggle not to run and attack him. "Good morning, Riley," he greeted with a huge smile as he cut into his pancakes. 

I growled at him as I followed the butler to my seat, across the table from Adam. I had expected the table to be bigger but instead, it was a small table, that comfortably seated six. The table was draped in a white cloth and plates of food were evenly distributed across the surface. 

Before I could even lift a finger, my butler had a plate, stacked with food, in front of me. I, quickly, stabbed my pancakes with my fork and shoved them into my mouth. When I was finished with my food and the orange juice, the butler had brought me, I shoved the dirty dishes away and slumped in my seat. 

"I see you were hungry," Adam chuckled as he gulped down the rest of his juice. 

"I would prefer if you did not speak to me," I snarled. I made an attempt to let out my wolf, just enough to seem intimidating, but the moment my eyes were about to change, burning pain seared through my skull. I hid my face behind my hands as I groaned in pain. 

"Yeah, you may want to go to the bathroom," Adam sighed while he wiped his hands off on a napkin. I hurried to my feet and ran for the door. "Don't break anything." I didn't fully understand why he needed to add that last part but I wasn't exactly in the mood to ask him what that meant. 

After running around the mansion and not being able to find my room, I barged into the nearest one and ran to the mirror, that was connected to the dresser. I looked at my reflection and nearly fell from shock. I was expecting my eyes to be blue, like they usually are, but this time, they were red. They were the same dark red shade as my blood. 

I stumbled backwards into the bathroom door, my eyes glued to my reflection. After entering the bathroom, I went to turn the handle on the sink but I accidentally ripped it off. Water began spewing from the broken faucet. I ,quickly, reached to grab the nearest towel, but when I did, the towel rack and a few pieces of drywall came with it. Embarrassed and slightly scared, I continued to try and smother the water but it wasn't working. When I went to apply pressure to the towel, the whole sink cracked. 

"Didn't I tell you not to break anything?"  Adam asked, suddenly, from the doorway. I glanced back at him with wide eyes before dropping everything and walking out of the room, his chuckles being the last thing I heard. 

********

"So what you're telling me, is that I'm gaining abilities?" I asked Adam. My joints were beginning to ache from sitting in the same awkward position for so long. I readjusted myself in the office chair before returning my eyes to stare at Adam, who was casually seated behind his desk. The last time I was in this office, my father's throat was being cut open. I couldn't erase that memory from my mind and it was hard not to keep thinking about it. 

"Yes, precisely. Right now, you're gaining your strength and your high-def demon vision," he stated with a sly grin, that revealed his vampire like canines. Groaning, I uncrossed my arms and leaned forward. "I think I shall call you my little demon wolf for now on." I groaned even louder.

"I'm going to kill him," I whispered to myself as I rubbed my temples with my fingers. The pain in my shoulder was intensifying by the second but at least, my headache went away. 

"Now listen, over the next few weeks, you will develop abilities but they are picked at random. Therefore, I do not if you will have the same gifts as me or not, " he said as he leaned forward on his elbows. "I'm very excited to see what you get."

"That's cool and all but what I really want to know is why you did all that you did. I just-"

"Oh yes, story time," He walked towards the front of his desk and leaned back against it. "It all started when I needed a mate of some sorts. Technically, I am not a werewolf or whatever you call yourselves. I am full demon but since I am the highest rank, I have more advanced powers than most other demons. Therefore one of those powers are that  I can show you what I want to show you. 

"For example, I met Danny as a wolf. Actually, I guess you could say I shape shifted. They're the sorta the same thing actually.  Never mind. Anyways, one day when I was out looking for a potential husband or wife, I saw you and your group of friends at a club. I was captivated by you, the moment I saw you. Instead of approaching you directly, I went to your mate. 

"He seemed to take a liking to me and I tried my best to be nice to him. After talking to your mate, I discovered you had a missing father. Turns out he was working for a demon below me. So I asked him to join forces with him and agreed because he had an obsession with power. I didn't really need him. I guess I just used him to get to know you. I don't know, he kept me company and was very much like you. 

"So yeah, you already know that kidnapped your mate, just so I could get you in my house and make that deal with you. I know, it was alot of work. I could have easily kidnapped you or taken a human partner. But I was bored and I really, really wanted you."

"What about that whole amnesia thing that you told Danny?"

"Eh, it made sense at the time," he laughed. "It's not like I was going to tell him I was a demon that was after his mate." 

"I'm going to bed," I groaned. This was too much for one day and my head was already starting to pound. He winked before going to sit behind the desk again. 

All that I learned from that long story, was that he sure did get bored very easily.