Chapter One: Leave me alone, Tucker

Word Count: 1192
Trigger warning: Mention of Self Harm and bullying

Tweek's POV
"Tweek, Honey! Hurry up with those last few boxes we're leaving in half an hour!" My mum's voice echoed through the newly 'emptied' house. Truly it isn't empty; there's just less furniture in it. We're renting it out furnished to get money for our coffee business. My parents are planning on moving back once they become established in the new town, but between you and me, I'm not letting that happen.

"Got it, mum! Just a few more minutes!" I reply, brushing down my hair in the bathroom, unsuccessfully, might I add.

I look out the window and see Jack's house beside ours. He is the main reason I'm so happy to get out of this place. Seeing his house reminds me of the razor under the bathroom cabinet. Heaven forbid the new renters find that under their sink. I quickly snatch it up and, taking a glance down at my arm, flush it down the toilet, picturing it along with all of the torture that came with this town. Sure, it's cheesy, but it's the thought that counts.

I pulled on my hoodie, wandered back into my— now— old room, and picked up the last two boxes full of clutter, silently saying goodbye to my beloved record player and bay window.

I walk downstairs and place the boxes into the U-Haul in the driveway. I turn tail and get close to telling mum I'm ready to go when...

"Hey, Spaz!" I hear someone say in a familiarly sly voice. I froze becoming aggravated and letting out a deep breath before turning back around, "It's a shame you're moving away, huh?"

"What do you want, Jack?" I replied managing to keep my voice steady as I glanced back at the door and scratched at my palm.

"What's wrong, Spaz?" He chuckled, "Don't wanna talk to your old pal?" Seriously, he's like all the bullies in every high school movie, way too generic.

We actually use to be best friends. He was the only one who would ever dare laugh with 'the spaz' rather than at him. Until, of course, he found out that I'm gay.

"Just leave me alone, Tucker, You won't ever see me again in like ten minutes," I told him as he got closer to me.

"Ten minutes? That's perfect!" He laughed, aggressively grabbing my arm and pulling me to the side of my soon to be old house. I resisted, but my arm cramped under his grip sending a jolt of pain to itself. The walls here were too thick to expose noise, and no one could see what he would do to me from the front of the house, not that anyone— other than my parents— would care.

"Jack, you don't have to do this. I- I'm leaving, remember?" I spat out, eyes glossing over and scrunching up in pain.

"No can do, Spaz." He replied as his fists collided with my abdomen. He seemed to have been hitting me harder than he usually did, knocking the breath out of me as I fell to the ground.

"J- J- J- Jack, St- St- Sto-" I stammered. I sat, out of breath, and lacked movement; I became paralyzed.

"What's the matter, Spaz? Cat got your tongue?" He barked at me as he struck me repeatedly in the stomach and legs. He never hit my face. I twitched uncontrollably already, so no one would notice when I had a limp, again, not that anyone-- other than my parents-- would care.

He continued to hit and kick me until my dad called out that it was time to leave. Jack yanked me up and shoved me towards my parents.

My parents never realized the way I acted near him; they just assumed that we were still the best of friends.

He hugged me in front of them, obviously, to make them think he was sad to see me moving away. They smiled sadly before turning their backs to us. There must be something wrong with me.

This time, however, I'll fight it. As Jack pulled away and my parents slid into the truck, My fist beelined for his nose, and a loud crack rang through the air. Both of our eyes widened as he winced and fell back onto the concrete sidewalk. I never realized that this entire time I was strong enough to stop him. Of course, I resisted if we weren't in public. He was the only person that had accepted me, and as sad as it may sound, a while ago, I decided that he should be happy if I can't be.

Without a second glance, I limped over to the truck and jumped in between my parents as we drove out of the town that caused me to hurt myself so many times before. I felt a small smile creep up on me, thinking of his, hopefully, fractured nose, and drifted off to some well-needed sleep.

We stopped once at a rest stop, but I didn't feel like going to the bathroom. I just spent the time thinking about how much I wasn't going to crave breathing the same air as Jack and sipped on my coffee.

My parents never discovered the sheer amount of torture I was put through in 9th grade. I'm grateful that the word never got back to them. They would've made a big deal about it, and I would've ended up getting bullied even more. The school wouldn't anything; they never did. I poured myself a cup of coffee from my thermos and searched up "South Park, Colorado" on my phone to see if anything popped up about the town's LGBTQ+ history, hopefully nothing bad. However, all I could see was conspiracy of a UFO landing I assumed was fake, how they single-handedly drowned another town in lava in an effort to save themselves, and a "new" Whole Foods, but it was all from six or seven years ago. Nothing really seemed to happen there.

There wasn't any news of homophobia in the limited amount of articles, but I still decided that I wouldn't tell anyone about that part of me as I drifted back to sleep. Remembering one of my most practiced thoughts, no news is bad news.

My mum nudged me awake 13 hours later when we got to the hotel on the border between Tennessee and Missouri. Did I mention that it's a 26-hour drive?

A/N: Sorry I don't write that long of chapters I'm honestly not that good at keeping my writing flow for a long time. But I thought that this would be a good place to end the chapter. Please let me know if I make any typos or mistakes, and you're completely welcome to give me any constructive criticism. How did you feel about this chapter? Tell me in the comments! Consider leaving a vote if you enjoyed this Chapter! Have a wonderful day and don't do anything really stupid.
~Beru <3