Chapter Twenty-One: What Went Wrong?

Word Count: 1067
Trigger Warning: None that I realized

Clyde's POV
"...we went back to his house and we talked for hours. He told me all about his life and how everything had gone wrong, but he had moved away to better himself and got a job. I told him some stuff about myself, too," Tweek was explaining what had happened to him all day and was visibly getting more anxious as time went on. He constantly scratched at his knuckles and his eyes were bolting from face to face, seemingly looking for our approval of the story before he went on.

"Wait, so what went wrong then? It seems like you were having a great time together," I asked innocently. I watched as both Tweek and Craig tensed up at the question. I guess Tweek had already told Craig.

"I- I Uh well I- WE KISSED, OKAY?" He blurted out. We all were, for the second time today, taken aback by Tweek's sudden outburst.

After a long silence, Token blinked rapidly and broke it, "So...?"

"S-So, he started trying to touch me, and it- uh it made me feel weird and guilty?" Tweek seemed almost unsure of his words as if he was questioning his own reasoning, "Yeah, now that I think about it, I guess it's kinda stupid..."

"No, Tweek, it is completely reasonable for you to feel weird when someone touches you like that," Token started, "I guess we're all just confused because you said that you felt guilty."

"Oh, well uh- that's just because uh, well, I don't really know I guess..." Tweek managed to stammer out. I exchanged a worried glance with Token and then looked at Craig.

This entire time, he hasn't let out a word to voice his opinion on the matter. Upon further inspection, I noticed that he was clenching his fists together as if he was ready to knock someone out. All of the colour was drained out of them as the circulation was cut off by his fingers. His jaw was clenched almost as hard as his hands and I'm pretty sure that if he held the position for any longer his teeth would reshape inside of his mouth. He held an intense glare with the floor and seemingly refused to look up at any of us.

"Hey, Uh, Tweek, could I maybe talk to you alone?" I said still staring in Craig's direction with worry hinting at my face.

He looked at the other boys, and when Token nodded, and Craig didn't move, he got up from the circle we were sitting in on the floor, and we walked to the kitchen.

"You're telling me, that you have no idea why you felt so guilty when you guys kissed?"

"Y-Yes" he stuttered out. I felt almost bad about the tone I was using with him. If he's telling the truth, this is some real life dramatic irony, and I didn't think it could be this obvious.

"Dude, you can't be serious. It's obviously got something to do with Craig."

He tensed up and shook his head rapidly in disapproval. "N-no it's got n-nothing to do with him." He just kept stuttering.

I frowned. "Think of one other good reason for you to be guilty about what happened," I started. After he had stood in silence for a while, I spoke again, "You can't... can you?"

He opened his mouth but shut it soon after. He solemnly hung his head and shook his head again.

"Why are you so unaccepting of yourself, Tweek?"

He didn't answer. I sighed and walked back out of the kitchen and upstairs. Token was trying to talk to Craig, but it was definitely one-sided. Craig was still in the same position we had left him in.

Token looked up at me and shook his head as he surrendered trying to get him to talk. I sighed and took my place across from Token in the broken circle. My phone sounded from my hoodie pocket.

20:46 (8:46pm)
Unread Message from "Baby Boy"

I looked up at Token for a split second before I saw him start typing away on his phone. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my phone.

Unread message from "Baby Boy" and "Mama"

I chuckled at the names I had given them opting to read Kevin's message first.

Baby Boy: Hey
Me: Hey!
Baby Boy: Where are you?
Me: Token's
Me: Tweek and Craig just got here and now Craig's gone insane and Tweek's probably still in the kitchen
Baby Boy: Sounds like fun
Baby Boy: Jace and I will be there soon

I laughed at the name he had given Jason, mentally visualizing Kevin getting verbally assaulted by him and switched over to Token's texts.

Mama: I did my best
Me: Me 2
Mama: too*
Mama: I'm telling you it's not gonna work
Me: u don't know that yet
Mama: You*
Mama: Yes I do, Have you seen Craig?

We both look up from our phones and see that Craig hasn't moved at all in the past 5 minutes. I roll my eyes and look back at my phone.

Me: U mean how he's eye raping the floor?
Mama: You*
Me: Someday u'll give up
Mama: You'll*
Mama: Okay that was a whole 'nother level of being grammatically incorrect
Me: anyways Kev and Jace are coming over soon
Mama: Great. More awkwardness. Let's invite the entire fucking town again.
Me: u know if u hadn't made that party in the first place this wouldn't be a situation rn
Mama: you* you* right now*
Mama: What do you mean? You were the one who thought of the idea!
Me: U agreed!

Just as I was waiting for Token's next grammar correction, there was a knock at the door. Token and I bolted down the stairs to go and meet our friends. I opened the door and was met by a single person that was definitely not my boyfriend.

I glared at his black and red hair and then proceeded to go down to his face. He wore an apologetic smile and worried brown eyes, but as the biggest liar known to South Park, I could see right through his little facade. I shut the door in his face and turned on my heels towards the direction of the stairs and started walking back to Token's room, anger growing in my stomach.

A/N: I worked on this periodically throughout the day yesterday and I just edited it today. It's still not the best, but I hope you still enjoyed it! Sorry if you got notified twice! Leave a vote? Have a wonderful day and don't do anything really stupid.

~Beru <3