Chapter Nine: Welcome Home, Strawberry

Word Count: 1122
Trigger warnings: slight mention of drunken abuse (it doesn't happen, but I thought I should mention it just incase)

Tweek's POV
"How?" A familiar female voice echoed through the room as Craig and I tumbled backwards. She seemed confused or hurt(?) with the slightest tinge of anger.

"Oh, Tweek, I'm so sorry!" the woman rapidly apologized. Of course, It was my mother, of all people. I rubbed the back of my head, sitting up.

Craig was already standing and outstretched his hand. I took it, and he pulled me up. I smiled awkwardly at my mum, tilting my head slightly so she registered my confusion.

"I'm sorry," she started explaining herself unreasonably fast, "I was just driving over here to make sure you locked up."

"Then why did you scream 'How?'" Craig remained monotone, stoic, emotionless.

"Oh, right. Tweek, honey, you looked so scared; I was going to go and make sure you were okay and when I walked in, you were hugging this boy, and you instantly calmed down," She stated. I felt my cheeks become warm. "So I was just surprised at how he did that."

"Oh I- uh actually, I don't know how that happened either," I told her truthfully. There was no logical reason that I would calm down so quickly in a hug. I assume my mother was in disbelief because not even she could calm me down so effortlessly.

We all stood there in a semi-awkward silence for a while before Craig looked down at his phone and broke the silence, "Well I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow, Tweek. Text me."

He walked out of the shop and left me wishing I could run after him because I knew exactly what my mother would do. I put my hands up, admitting defeat to her before she even started.

"Is that blush I see?" She squealed, "My little boy has a crush!"

"MUM."

"Alright, alright. Let's go; I'll drive us back home."

Craig's POV
I walked out of the shop before the woman I assumed was his mother asked any more questions.

"Is that blush I see?" I stopped and walked backwards. It isn't eavesdropping; I just... overheard it.

"My little boy has a crush!"

"MUM." He didn't deny it? He was angry she assumed something like that. Yeah. That makes sense. Why would he have a crush on me, anyway?

"Alright, alright. Let's go; I'll drive us back home." I ran to the side of the shop right before they opened the door, holding my breath.

"But do you have a crush?" She giggled.

"I'm walking home." He hissed, closing the car door he had recently opened, and walking past me as I tried my best not to move. He didn't see me.

After I heard the car drive off and made sure Tweek wasn't in site, I ran to my house in the opposite direction, trying to get to mine before he got to his.

Emphasis on trying.

I might have been running, but I still took the long way home, and ultimately, we arrived at the same time.

I tried to sneak into my house, but the outdoor light turned on when it sensed my movement, and Tweek's head snapped in my direction.

"Craig?"

"Oh, Uhm, Hi?" I tried to hide the nervousness in my voice with my soon-to-be 16 years of practice but failed miserably.

"How did you just now get home?" He chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh, I, Uh, I," Oh god think of something, "I Uh stopped by Starks Pond for a while." My monotone voice quickly recovered.

"Oh, well see you tomorrow!" He smiled. I waved and walked into my house. Success.

Tweek's POV
I'll be honest. I knew he was lying to me. I'm basically a living, breathing lie detector test. From all the awkward situations I got into and lies I had to tell to get out of them, lying was like second nature to me. He also wasn't very good at thinking of a lie under pressure. Stark's Pond was on the other side of town, which neither of us had passed. I would've said something, but he seemed more nervous than I did when I first saw the underpants gnomes, so I let him off the hook. I assume he ran into a girl or something on his way home.

"Oh, well see you tomorrow!" I smiled and walked into my house.

"Welcome home, Strawberry." My mum teased. She really was picking at my bad side tonight.

"Oh, ha ha." I made myself a cup of coffee and ran up the stairs, "Goodnight!"

"Sleep well, honey!" My mom yelled from downstairs. My dad was usually out at some random bar. Mom didn't know about the pity parties he ran at bars all night, but I did. I knew he would've been at a bar, drinking his way into oblivion.

Luckily for me, he isn't an abusive dad, and he actually loves us, so he doesn't do anything when he comes home drunk except jump into bed and cuddle up with mom. He's just always stressed out about me. Yet, tonight, he was here, drinking some coffee on the couch and scrolling through CNN on his phone.

I sipped on my coffee and contemplated texting Craig before deciding against it, opting to watch a YouTube video instead.

My mum popped her head in to kiss me goodnight.

I know I won't be able to go to sleep. Hell, I can't even focus on the goddamn YouTube video. A million thoughts glide through my mind, all about the same thing.

I thought about his eyes. Maybe they were more like a type of crystal. Like, a blue sapphire. I thought about his perfectly fluffed hair under his chullo and his chiselled jawline. Then I thought of how he hugged me after I promised not to cut anymore. How his hug instantly calmed me down. He was so warm; it made me feel happ- I did it again. I went down a gay spiral. I'm not going to be gay anymore. I promised myself.

I flopped back onto the bed.

Who am I kidding?

I'm gay.

A/N: Guess who got her writing spark back when the clock struck midnight? ME. It's almost like magic. I told you it would be back by tomorrow! Well, today. Okay, I'm done now. Leave a vote? Have a wonderful day and don't do anything really stupid.
~Beru <3