Chapter Five: Maybe I do

Word count: 1302
Trigger warnings: Slight Homophobic Slur

Craig's POV
I hate school. I absolutely detest it, and if the school didn't call my parents when I skipped, I would never be here. The only time I really cared about was Lunch and Track, which was after school and only in Fall and Spring. As the bell rang for 4th period, I threw my books back into my bookbag. I shuffled out quickly between the large crowd to find Clyde and Token and all walked to the cafeteria together.

I walked to the lunch line and bought some of the 'food' they served. Our food wasn't the same since Chef moved away. I'm not saying that Chef's food was terrific, but at least it wasn't terrible. I sat down at the table, looking at my friends' twisted faces.

"Craig," Clyde started in a calming voice, "This is an intervention." I glanced between Clyde and Token with a puzzled expression.

"Craig, you've been spending a lot of time with that new kid," Token said staring back at me.

"I always spend time with the new kids, your point?" I hesitated as I stared down at the slop on my tray. Nope, not eating this again.

Token and Clyde looked at each other worriedly, "We know you do, but it is different this time. You're not even talking to us. Like today, other than introducing us to the kid, and right now, you haven't talked to us at all." Clyde nodded agreeing with what Token said.

"Oh, fuck off. I'm just hanging out with him, and I've only talked to him for like a day and a half. You guys are overreacting," I told them, flipping them off.

"Craig, it's not that... People are suspecting that you're gay." I couldn't believe what was coming out of my friend's mouths.

"What's wrong with being Gay?" I asked. They stared back at me, blankly, "Listen, I'm not gay, and neither is he, I just don't get what you have against it."

"Craig, it's not that was have something against it. It's that it's just not you. Rumours are spreading, and I don't want you to overreact when the entire school thinks you're gay."

"Dude, that's not going to happen. There's no way to prove what isn't true." They stared back at me with worried eyes, "What?"

"Cartman took a picture of you and Tweek, holding hands and blushing while you were walking to school," Token watched my face drop.

"I wasn't blushing; It was cold," I said bluntly. "I'm not gay," I told them as I stood up, "Not for Tweek, not for anyone." I spun around to walk away, but Tweek was right behind me. I saw him tense up and drop his food as we collided.

Tweek's POV
"I'm not gay; not for Tweek, not for anyone." My eyes widened as he turned around and collided with my tray of food. It flew into the air, and the slop landing on both of us.

I ran to the bathroom to clean up, but he ran after me. I was faster than him, beating him to it with a minute to spare before he would burst in too, but fuck, that hurt.

Don't Cry.
Don't Cry.
Don't Cry.

I repeated that phrase over and over in my head as tears glossed over in my eyes. I knew why I cared so much about what he said, but I refused to accept it. I know I can't just tell myself I'm not gay and it'll go away, but boy, did I try.

I wiped my tears away as he barged into the bathroom with vomit coloured mashed "potatoes" all over him. He locked the door behind him, and I felt my heart rate start running away from me.