Chapter Twenty-Eight: First Capital of Georgia

Word Count: 1080
Trigger Warnings: Panic, airplanes, possibly wrong research because I didn't have good wifi

Craig's POV
After a very long hour and forty-five minutes of fighting over Neptune rights in the car, we finally arrived at the Denver International Airport. The AUX fight wasn't fought as gravelly as I had developed a taste for AJR, Clyde enjoyed Pop music, and the other two dealt with it.

"Craig, hurry up! We're going to be late for the flight, and then I'll cry because you were so slow I didn't get to eat any peanuts!" Clyde shouted at me, walking backwards a small distance in front of me.

"You're literally like two feet in front of me. Stop being worried. You sound like Tweek," I told him, flipping him off.

"Wha— Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Tweek asked offensively, slapping me on the shoulder.

I shrugged as we passed terminal eleven. "Look forward, Neelix, the gate is right behind you, " Kevin told Clyde, earning a scoff from his boyfriend.

His eyes lit up as he spun around, running to the seats and throwing himself onto them, crushing his backpack under him. I winced for his already cracked phone. After checking the time I came to terms with the fact that we had to wait another half hour dealing with Clyde before boarding the plane.

When they called for 'Group A,' Clyde shot up from his position, essentially throwing his backpack over his shoulder and dashed to the front of the gateway. Airport officials shouted at him to return as he sprinted down the terminal entrance, throwing his phone-- Apple Pay open to his boarding pass-- behind him, making Kevin-- who was running after his boyfriend as well-- awkwardly attempt to catch the phone and show it to the airport officials.

Some three hours later, we arrived at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International airport. After waiting by the baggage claim for a while, collecting our bags and Neptune-- in case I wasn't clear--, we boarded an airport Uber who took us to a car rental dealership. From there, I signed some papers, spent some money, and we were on our way in a sleek black Suburban-- Courtesy of Token-- to Savannah.

•••

A slap on the arm from Tweek pulled me out of my zoned out drowsiness. "Craig, you're falling asleep are you sure you don't want me to drive instead?" Kevin called from the back seat.

"No—"

"Please," Tweek cut me off, "I don't want Craig to kill us."

"Fine, I'll stop at the rest stop," I agreed. Finally, I could get some sleep.

The seat switch wasn't as smooth as I expected it to be. I parked in the only spot I could find in the rest stop (which ostensibly, everyone wanted to use), opened the car door, the vehicle next to me so close that I almost broke off one of their mirrors, and slid out, Tweek mirroring my strategy.

I closed the door behind me, seeing as it would hit the other car if I let it go and glided to the other side. Kevin and I unintentionally squeezed against each other as we shuffled between the car and swapped spaces. However, it was all worth it when I got to cuddle up with Tweek and fall asleep in the backseat of the smooth-riding SUV.

As the road got bumpier, my eyes flickered open. I found myself nuzzled into Tweek's hair; my arms lazily hung around his waist and his head on my chest. His breathing quickened, signaling he was awake.

Man, this city felt deserted. The road seemed like it hadn't been paved for a few decades. Holes and weathered rocks littered the ground. A low chuckle escaped from Tweek as he quickly covered his mouth while looking up to me.

"Good Morning, Beauty," I told him as he stretched and yawned. He beamed up to me.

"Savannah isn't all you ever dreamed of?" He chuckled, "I mean, what's not to like?"

"I thought South Park was ignored, but this is deserted," I remarked.

Kevin piped up, looking at us from the mirror, "Yeah, isn't Savannah kinda important to the history of Georgia?"

"Yep, first capital of Georgia. It's where the colonists moved to in the 1700s," Tweek answered. We all stared at him, giving him the 'How did you know that' look. "I lived here for fifteen years; I was forced to learn that in like 8th grade. Stop giving me that look."

"Not to interrupt, but where are we staying?" Token asked from the back seat— which he had all to himself.

"My House," Tweek responded nonchalantly.

"Excuse me?" Clyde turned back to stare at Tweek.

"My parents never sold our old house. We're staying there for the next two weeks," he shrugged.

"We weren't disclosed of that information," Kevin piped up.

"Sorry... Anyways, stop at the Chevron that's coming up. We can switch seats again, and I'll lead Craig."

The guidance was about as good as you would expect anyone's to be after 15 years. Personally, I think that's insane because I don't know how to get from a gas station 30 minutes away from my house to it but Tweek was spot on.

When we got into the neighbourhood, Tweek simply told me the street and house number. Slumping back into his seat, he closed his eyes and left me to find it.

I pulled into the driveway and looking around me, the neighbourhood seemed strangely active. The outdoors of the houses appeared very tidy, trees seemingly selectively placed and bushes trimmed. The houses around his had many cars and next door to Tweek's, two boys played basketball.

I parked, and Tweek sat up, looking around, his eyes landed on the boy who turned to look at our vehicle, dropping his basketball as he looked into the window of the SUV. Tweek's body froze.

"Tweek? What's wrong, babe?" I asked him, patting him on the back. He turned, eyes darting around until landing on mine. He calmed a bit, staring into my dark blues.

A single word alerted us of the reason for his panic, "Tucker."

A/N: Hi. I wrote this entire chapter on a plane, but I don't even know when it's getting put up, because I'm outside of Canada at the moment and my service doesn't work, so I need wifi to post. I'll probably write when I get truly bored, but don't count on it. Please tell me what you thought of this chapter! It'll probably be edited when I get home. Leave a vote? Have a wonderful day and don't do anything really stupid.

~Beru<3