Chapter Four: Craig's Boyfriend

Word count: 1154
Trigger warnings: None.

Craig's POV
Once again, I wake up, sun shining in my eyes. I drowsily punch my alarm off and pull my legs over the bed. It was early, and I didn't feel like being awake, but it's not like I could just go back to bed.

So, I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower. After brushing my teeth, I went downstairs to make coffee only to see that we had run out. "Goddamnit, Tricia," I mumbled under my breath.

The new coffee shop on the other side of town came to mind. I didn't want to go alone, but Clyde is definitely not awake and Token lives across town. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts looking for someone to hang out with before finally stopping at one name.

Craig: Hey Tweek! Apparently there's a new coffee shop that just opened. Want to go before school?

Usually, I wouldn't be so formal in my texting but first impressions matter. Right?

Tweek: oh thats actually my pparents coffee shopp

So that whole formality thing was a waste of my time.

Craig: oh nice! do you wanna go?
Tweek: sure I gguess
Tweek: just let me get dressed
Craig: okay i'll be there in like 5 mins

I grabbed my backpack after throwing in some pencils and paper and walked out the door.

Tweek's POV
This isn't like a date or anything. Not that I would know what that's like, but why am I freaking out? We're just going to get coffee at my parents' coffee shop before school. I pulled up my jeans and threw on a dark green long sleeve hoodie. At first, I thought about wearing something formal to make a good first impression, but halfway through the year, no one comes back from break looking good, so if I want to blend in, I gotta lose the button up. I also didn't want to be embarrassed on the first day by my inability to button up my shirt. A loud knock interrupted my train of thought. I grabbed my backpack off the ground and threw it over my shoulder as I walked out the door.

"Hey!" I said already beginning to regret my show of enthusiasm. I cleared my throat and leaned back, trying my best to seem nonchalant with the situation.

"Hey, Twitches!" He replied cheerfully, "Listen, I don't really know where it is, so could you lead us there?"

"Oh, yeah, sure."

•••

We got to the coffee shop and stepped inside. There weren't any people in line, so we walked to the counter to order. It was strange to see a coffee shop so barren and silent in the morning, but it is new, so i didn't pay much mind.

"Hey, sweetie!" My mum chirped, "Who's this?"

"Oh, Uh, Uhm mum, this is my- er-" Friend? Acquaintance? Possible future bully? "This is Craig," I replied. She stuck her hand out.

"Craig Tucker; I'm Tweek's friend," He smiled taking her hand and shaking it. She was obviously thinking of Jack when he said it because she glanced at me curiously. My mum made Craig an espresso and me a standard black.

"You kids better run along; school starts in 10 minutes!" Mum cautioned. Craig's eyes widened as he took my hand and we ran out of the shop. My hand just barely avoiding throwing my cup across the shop. I felt my cheeks warm very quickly, even in the ice-cold air of central Colorado.

Craig's POV
"You kids better run along, school starts in 10 minutes!" Shit. School is across town. I grabbed his hand and my cup and pulled him out of the shop, leading us to the school.