Chapter 3: Late Bloomer

Getting home, Lance took a quick bath and got ready for bed. Today was simply horrible and was lucky Keith saved him. Why didn't he decide to kill him? Perhaps it was out of pity. Whatever is was Lance was grateful to Keith for spearing his life today but he still didn't trust him. He soon went to bed, hoping for a better day tomorrow. Keith sat silently on the roof of Lances place.  It had been a long day but he needed to keep close to Lance, as long as he was there no monster would dare touch the human. He sighed wondering what Lance was thinking. How he was feeling.. If he could somehow make amends for scaring him or make their relationship better, whatever their relationship was for that matter.

           The next morning came and Lance went to work in the day and then it off to school. He decided to walk to school, very slowly and with a taser in his backpack, Lance wasn't going to take any chances and he doubted he could win in a fist fight against a supernatural being. Keith had left at some point in the early morning, he didn't want to risk Lance seeing him and getting upset. After a walk and a small kill to hold him over for school he went into the library before school started. He couldn't get Lance off his mind for some reason, he knew it was partly the crush he had on Lance but he hated how out of hand this was getting.. 

          Going to Study Hall, Lance picked out something to read...Seeing Keith, Lance sat next to him. "H-Hey Keith" He couldn't help but to stutter a bit, Slightly nervous being around a vampire. He gave a small wave not looking up from his book, it wasn't in English.. "Do you always like to interrupt people when their reading? Or just me?" He put in a bookmark and put the book away, "Sup" Scooting over, Lance gotten really close to Keith as he started talking in a hush voice. "I would like to Thank you for yesterday. I-I know I wouldn't be here if you haven't come to my rescue" Lance stated "Would you.. Would you mind if I ask you a few questions? Like have you always been a Vampire?"

          Keith blushed a little when Lance scooted closer. "Whatever.." When he heard the question he paused for a second. "I guess I always have been? My father was human, and my mother was a vampire. She left when I was born, I didn't get my fangs or any other traits till years later, I guess she thought I wasn't a vampire like her and felt, ashamed..?" 

          Lance's hart broke for Keith. How could a mother do such a thing to their child? Leaving them behind like that. "Wow...That's horrible. I'm sorry Keith. So, you live your Dad then, right? Do you miss being human?" He shook his head, "..Dad is, I don't know. I haven't found him yet- Police never found a body... But I don't miss what I never had" He shrugged, "I never had a normal childhood, dad always kept me far from people in case I turned. Guess I scared him too. But its fine. I live on my own, sometimes Shiro stops by, he's the only one who knows where I live, and the only one who isn't afraid, hes like a roommate, or a brother" It all made sense to Lance now, Keith never knew how to act around others cause no one taught him or would give him a chance, they just left. He felt just awful calling Keith a 'monster' yesterday. "I want us to be friends, Keith...." Lance said softly, "Not going to lie though, I'm still afraid of you. I'm afraid of this whole damn place, I don't know who's human and who's not. But I'm going to keep your secret no matter what."

          He blushed a little more at Lances words, but quickly hid it so Lance wouldn't see. "Thank you Lance. And, I understand it can be scary, they're good at blending in so it may shock you to find out who's hiding that side of them self. But, we're not all bad.. Some of us just want to blend, to be normal, to be human." He got up and stretched his arms. "You'll have to show me how normal friends act.. But thanks for the honesty. I'll um... Try my best not to scare you too bad" Smiling, Lance was happy to be on the same page with Keith... He was going to be spending a lot of time with him so why not try to be friends? "You got it!" He replied happily. Keith looked around, "Hey, can I show you something?" If they were going to be friends he wanted to make a good impression, show him something he enjoyed, maybe Lance would too?