Chapter 6: Bleeding Out

Keith had been in the shower, he wanted to get cleaned up before going to bed. After getting out and dressed he came out wanted to make sure Lance was ok. "Hey- feel sober yet?"

"Y-Yes..." Lance looked at Keith, he wanted so badly to asks who those text messages were from but knew he didn't really have the right too. Keith smiled a little and sat on the bed grappling his phone, he noticed the texts and dropped the phone starting to shake. Was Keith shaking? Why? What had made him so scared? "Keith? KEITH!" Lance put his hand on Keith's arm, "W-What's wrong?"

"Its Lotor..." He said quietly, "H-How'd he get my number..? I got a new phone after we broke up I even change my number every few months he shouldn't be able to find me-" He was starting to panic. "K-Keith.." Seeing his friend start to panic.. Lance reach out and grabbed his hand tightly. Lotor? Wasn't that Keith's ex-boyfriend? What the hell did this jerk do to Keith to make him this scared?? "Maybe he wants to apologize for all he did wrong? I'm not really sure..." Keith held Lances hand back tightly and tried to calm himself down, "No- He'd never do that.. Last time he tried to 'apologize' he broke my leg with a wrench to keep me from getting away and tried to locked me in his room. Whatever he's planning, I'm not falling for it.." When that happened last Shiro had gone looking for him and gave Lotor a good beating for it. Since then Keith hasn't gone out much

         Lance heart broke for Keith.. What kind a monster would treat someone that way!? Rubbing the side of Keith's arm for comfort as he sat next to him, "Lotor? Is he a Vampire as well? Could you... sense him?" Lance realized that Keith could be in serious danger and maybe the best option is to leave once the sun sets tomorrow. "I could always asks for extra credit to boost up my grade. It's no biggie. We could get a ride home early if you want to leave, Keith." He hesitantly leaned on Lance a little, he wasn't good with people but he liked being comforted by him. "He's a vampire, one of the worst.. But- We don't have to leave, you need this for your grade and I'll stay with you... I-I'm sure it'll be ok." He mostly said that last bit to reassure himself before getting out his phone again and texting Shiro about it so if something did go wrong he knew what was up. "I'm sorry about all this Lance- It's not your problem and I don't want to drag you into this" Lance shook his head.. Keith was so unbelievably sweet to think of him. Although a grade was just a grade. Keith's safety was much more important.."Thank You, Keith. I-I brought a really strong taser and pepper spray that's in my back pack. We can bring it with us just in case." Keith nodded, "Well at least you're prepared heheh.." He smiled softly and yawned, "I guess we should try to get some sleep huh?" He laid back on the bed sighing softly. Lance nodded, back at the very beginning when he was first living on his own and especially at his old job, Lance always carried some sort of protection. 

         Feeling sleepy as well, Lance nodded in agreement.. At least the two could sleep in tomorrow. Hopping into bed, Lance made himself comfortable. "Your pretty lucky~ Usually I never go to bed with someone on the first date." Lance replied, jokingly. Keith blushed a little and couldn't help but chuckle. "You're a dork." He said quietly. Though Keith seemed happy and calm, there was still fear in his eyes. He wasn't sure if he'd even really be able to sleep. It was embarrassing but at home Keith normally snuggled up to his stuffed hippo... It was rare for him to sleep without it. He checked the time before setting his phone on the bedside table and closing his eyes. Lance could hear Keith's heart beating loud and it was going so fast.. Poor guy... He could some what understand what Keith was going through- Though he never had his legs broken but he did get assaulted by one of the clients after he.. Uh- 'took care of them'. "Is there anything that could help you sleep?" Keith blushed a little and bit his lip, "I.. Well- There is one thing... But I couldn't ask that of you" He pulled the blanket up a little. He wanted to cuddle with Lance but he wouldn't put him in that situation.. Lance was kind of clueless of why Keith was hiding under the covers... "Are you hiding from me~?" Lance, chuckled a bit before going underneath the blankets as well. "Keeeeith. Don't be like that... I wanna cuddle you." Lance gotten close to Keith before wrapping his arms around his waist to pull him closer. "HA! Got you now!"