Chapter 27: Best of Me

//Yo get ready for some angst, and fluff, and drama- Like it's gonna get crazy in the next few chapters and I'll probably stop at 30. 

          Understanding on how much depth Keith's words held, Lance was determine making amends on the mistakes he done. He was certainly filled with mix emotions, he felt bad being back here. After all this was probably the last time he would be here. Keith hesitantly grabbed Lanced wrist lightly as he took Lance back to his own room. He thanked Allura and said he'd take care of the rest. He gave her a quick hug before opening the door to his room taking Lance with him, asking her if shed let Shiro know what's going on before she left. Once he felt they were alone he let go of Lance.

"Is there anyway to switch back sooner? Its not the task I have for you, but, I just want to know." He had to lean on the wall, "The seal Shiro has on me keeps me from using my magic but it also stopped me from taking my energy back when I was knocked out... So I'm a bit weak right now and I doubt you can break the seal-" He pushed himself off the wall and wobbled over to his bed sitting himself down, patting the spot next to him for Lance to sit. Taking a seat next to Keith, Lance thought for a few moments about how the two could switch back. Was it even possible? Closing his eyes, he ponder on a class he took not so long ago, the subject was specifically base on channeling ones energy. 

"Have you ever done meditation? I suppose, if we focus on one another and meditated... The two of us can transfer our energy back to our own bodies. It's the only workable solution that I can think of." Lance reply, offering his hand to Keith."I wasn't paying attention to the whole class but I think I understood the most important parts. We need to connect emotionally and physically for the transfer to work."

          Keith hesitated, he wasn't sure if he was ready to connect with Lance on such a level. He wanted to change back but he wouldn't be able to do it.. "Lance I-" He let out a sift sigh, "Never-mind.. I'll just wait for it to wear off. And um.." He wanted Lance to lay with him, but not in a suggestive way, he just slept better when someone was beside him.. But he didn't know how to word it, he felt like such a tsundere saying this.. Or was the word Dandere? Probably not- "I want to take a nap, but I.. I don't sleep well alone- So, I'm going to trust you to be here while I sleep. You can take a nap too or whatever but I just sleep better when someone is laying with me so.. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm still pissed.."

"...Don't worry. I-I understand." His voice crack a little as he felt a bit empty when Keith didn't hold his hand...Perhaps, a simple touch was just too much for the other boy? Lance gotten up and was planning to sleep in the guess room, he was sure that Keith wanted space from him. Suddenly, he heard Keith's next words and were in shock by the invitation. "Are you sure?" He said, approaching the bed with caution. "I know your still upset with me Keith, your in every right.. But believe me, I won't cross any boundaries you put up." Getting on bed, Lance slowly rest his head on the pillow beside Keith yet still giving him plenty of space. Lying in bed, Lance whispered a quiet "Thank You.."

"If.." Keith laid down and bit his lip a little as he lay close to Lance, "If you have to hold onto me you can. I know the bed is small so I won't get upset about it" To be honest he missing Lances touch, holding his hand felt nice though he couldn't just hold his hand and cuddle him like he wanted, he had to think about things. And really think... When he did touch Lance, despite the nice feeling in his hand it burned in his heart. He wasn't strong enough to hold Lances hand and hold back everything else. Keith eyed Lance for a moment before closing his eyes letting out a soft sigh.

          Hesitating a bit, Allura Knock on Shiro's door, she waited to hear his voice before entering. "Hey, I just gotten done ease dropping on the two...Keith's seem to want to talk with Lance in private for a bit so I let them. Not sure if that was the right thing to do but regardless, Keith wanted to know a way to switch back sooner.. But I think he backed out? I don't know why though." Shiro opened the guest room which he had planned for Allura to use since she wanted to stay overnight and he wasn't going to let her sleep on the couch. The couch wasn't for sleeping unless the one sleeping there was very small. 

"Its not nice to eavesdrop, but I guess this once its alright. I get why he'd back out. To be able to switch bodies or switch back in this case the two would need a deep connection. All their memories and feelings would be open to the other, they'd have full access to the other person and Keith.. Even before this happened he probably wouldn't be able to. He hates it when people get in his head.." 

          Understanding that the other male was silently giving him permission to touch him. "Are you comfortable with 'me rubbing your back?" Slowly reaching out, Lance started to rub gently in a circular motion. I know that you have a hard time sleeping, perhaps this could help?"

"I could imagine that it would be very difficult for Keith to open up." Going over to the bed, Allura thought that instead off sleeping the two could use this time for more important stuff. Shiro, it still dark out.. I think it would be best if we come up with a plan and try to track down Lotor tonight.'' Keith gave a soft nod and tensed up at first when Lance touched him but made himself relax, it did kind of feel nice.. "Mm.. I guess, I haven't slept beside someone long enough to know what helps" He mumbled quietly, his eyes staying close. He scooted a little closer to Lance wincing, "My head is killing me"

          Shiro nodded and leaned back on the bed thinking of what to do, "We know where he lives, so why don't we go ambush him? Keith and Lance will be asleep anyway so.." He sat up looking though a few different drawers and pulled out a few different things, "Let's see.. We can disguise ourselves and use a cloaking spell to sneak into his house? He has neighbors, most of them are human so we can't just go busting in"

          Lotor had been working to find Keith for a long while since he found he had been tricked. He was sitting on his bedroom floor using his power to search they city, finally after hours of this he shot up, "I'VE FOUND YOU-"Scooting closer, Lance gave Keith more of the blanket as he continue rubbing the other boys back for comfort. "Would you like me to get you anything for the headache? Listening to Shiro's plan, Allura nodded in agreement.. "Sounds good, we have to be extremely careful not to get caught... we could knock him out when he isn't expected it. Keith shook his head a little, "No.. I just.. I'll sleep it off, it might be a hangover or something, and I've never really had one like this so that's probably why I can't deal with it. I'll be fine though."

          He was already half asleep.. Snuggling up to Lance he let out a quiet yawn and let himself relax, "Being able to feel another's body heat is really nice" He mumbled quietly. Shiro nodded and got his bag setting a few things in it. "Alright. We should go now before it gets any darker.." Lotor took an underground route to the outside of town, getting ready to take Keith back for himself....