Chapter 13: Flamingo

Taking a seat next to Shiro, Allura had wondered if he had any mind control powers. It would be a big help if he could manipulate anyone. "How dangerous is Lotor? Does he hold any special powers? Shiro, instead putting any of us in harms way, could you control someone and send them to kill Lotor. Would that work?" Shiro leaned back, "Uh.. No, I don't have that power. I just have super strength and some kenosis, sorry" Keith came back with a drink since food wasn't working with him. "I could maybe make myself invisible and distract him? He thinks I'm Lance so even if he saw me he hopefully wouldn't do anything and Allura could do the same, I don't think he saw her yet" Shiro sighed, "Maybe we could sneak in while hes away so you can get Lance out safely and leave me to deal with him, this time I won't just break his bones- I'll tear his hecking arms off"

//Quick note that my Shiro is like David from Camp Camp and I love them both so much such pure boys <>

          It had been a while since Lotor was gone. Lance woke up with his stomach growling and he wasn't feeling all too well yet. Getting out of bed, Lance went to the kitchen and open the fridge to get a can of soda as he sat at a table, he hoped Lotor doesn't come and go crazy on him for not asking permission to leave the bedroom or some shit like that. 

          Hearing the plan, Allura nodded in agreement. "When do you think it's best to attack?" She asked. Keith thought for a moment, "Probably midnight.. When I was with him he always liked to go and get what he needed before normal people woke up. He's not usually home from then till 2am. If you could be around to watch him leave then we could get in and wait for him, then attack. Only one person can be there though. If he senses more then one he might get suspicious.." Shiro nodded, "Does the body switching give him your powers as well? He and you could both be invisible and sneak out since it keeps him from sensing you.. And we can telepathically communicate so I'll know when you're safe if we need to"

         Lotor came back and looked at Lance, "Feeling better love? Luckily I have some human treats stored for when I have to make nice with the low life neighbors.. But I guess you can have some." He sat across from Lance and just watched him for a moment. It was a relief that Lotor came back and brought him something to eat. He wasn't even mad that he left the bedroom? Hesitating, he took the bag Lotor brought him and looked inside, it held a hoagie, a pack of cookies and other food items. "This is a nice surprise.. T-Thank you." He smiled softly at Lotor, before unwrapping the sandwich. It took him a few minutes for Lance to eat before he gotten up and opened another can of coca-cola and offered it to Lotor. "Human food isn't so bad, you should try it, and eat the cookies! They're chocolate!!"

"Hopefully everything will work out fine and no mistakes will be made. Keith, please tell me when you hear back from Lance. We all need to be on the same page."

          Lotor smiled softly and took the cookie breaking it in half and handing the half back to Lance, "I've had some food before, but nothing that's peaked my interest or agreed with my stomach.." He took a small bite leaning back in his chair, "I'm sorry for earlier love, its been stressful with all that's been going on.. I thought the cops were going to hunt you, you've been so reckless these last few months. You had me worried" He leaned back forward talking a bit quieter to Lance, "I had thought I had this mess figured out but then my father shows up and tried to strip me if everything and I hate taking it out on you, Id hate for you to think of me as the bad guy" He reached his hand over taking ahold of Lances and holding it gently, "Please forgive me?"

          Keith nodded, "I'll go out today when Lotors sleeping and talk to Lance about it all. If Lance is as street smart as you say he is he should be ok, and I hope that's the case. I'd hate for anything to happen to him because of me. This is all just my fault.."

         Whoa! Did Lotor just.. Apologize? Taking a bite of the other half of the cookie Lance nodded in respond. "It's sweet of you to worry about me getting hurt and I understand your frustration. Although, it brakes my heart when you treat or.. Kill humans in such a brutal way." Looking at their hands lock together, Lance thought maybe Lotor can be reasoned with. "It can't be easy dealing with your Dad but.. When your disciplining me I don't feel like you love me, It makes it difficult for me to communicate with you or even live here. " 

"Keith, none of this is your fault! You were in a abusive relationship and needed help." She frowned, knowing that Keith would probably feel bad no matter what she said. "Listen, Lance will be fine. You should try and get some sleep. You don't look too well. Keith shook his head, "I'm fine. I just need some time to get used to this body, after throwing up while you were out I've just been slowly drinking whatever isn't past the sell by date.. But I'll be fine." He sighed a little and leaned back trying to relax just a bit. 

         Lotor nodded, "I understand.. Though I was raised this way, I don't know any other way to show my feelings, and well.. Nothing else seems to help. Killing is second nature for me darling. I know you're more compassionate to the humans but they aren't all worth it- They hunted my family. Hunted your family, humans have been killing thousands if us just for fun or out of pure hate, I mean, how did Lance react when you told him you were killing students in your school? When you first met him, if he had a gun I assure you he would have shot you without hesitation because that's just instinct for them.. There's a reason you were always alone in school dear, those humans were scared of you, you were stronger and faster and smarter and this horrid race hates people who are better then them." 

          Lotor took a sip of the drink, "I know better then anyone else what you've been though, and I've done my best to keep you safe and happy.. I don't want you to be like me Keith, I feel like if I keep you hear you'll never have to feel that hurt, I just want to protect you from it all.. All I can do is try to be better but change is never easy" Lance felt like someone knocked him over the head HARD. What Lotor said did make a lot of senc and if Lance was being honest with himself he could see himself shooting Keith without hesitation back then. If the two were complete strangers and he had caught Keith feeding off of a human, his instinct would be to kill Keith and try all he could to save that human from bleeding out. Although Lance didn't believe in Vampires before, he seen them in movies. 

         The Vampires seem to always play the same role. As a villain, as a Predator, always being demonized. "...I have told Lance about my past, killing humans, feeding on them. He accepted me, although if I went back on killing humans to eat, he wouldn't kill me but he definitely wouldn't look at me the same way again." Everything that came out of Lance's mouth was honesty, he wasn't sure if he would want to continue a relationship with Keith if he would go back on eating humans. Continuing to listen to Lotor, Lance bit his bottom lip. "I appreciate you worrying about my safety and wanting to protecting me from any harm but I need to experience what life is like on the outside. Lotor, I'm going to resent you and pull away if you keep locking me up. I know you don't want that. I don't want that either. We could compromise if you are open to it."

"Even some creatures here won't date or even befriend vampires because they feed on humans. But we never asked to be built that way, even now your body is rejecting half of what its getting, you've tried to cut out blood and now you can barely stand it but if you were to eat much human food you'd get just as sick if not more so... You're just training you body to die-" Lotor sighed a little, he didn't want to compromise, he wanted Keith alone with him for the rest of his life.. "Compromise? It depends, I'll hear you out but I'm not easily swayed. Even if you happen to be my one weakness.." 

            He held Lances hand tight with both of his, he was trying but he really didn't want to, its annoying to be so nice to something that's yours. A pet would never tell you where to go or what to do, so why should he listen to Keith? Maybe he could let him out once or twice a day as he would a pet, but keep a collar or tracker on him? But they wouldn't get to spend as much time together if he was allowed out, he might even get friends, and want a new lover.. He couldn't let that happen, he wouldn't no matter what. Keith was his and his alone and that wasn't going to change any time soon. 

         Keith got up feeling a bit sick, "I need to lay down for a bit, I haven't slept in.. Its been a while, till then you and Shiro can talk out the details, I don't mean to leave you but I have nothing left in my system and I can barely stand on my own so, just wake me up if you need me"