Part 1

(Michael's POV)

          I slowly exhale as I pull into a parking space at the college. I park the car and take off my seatbelt but I don't get out yet. "Okay, Michael Mell, you got this. You got this. Just, please tell me that...." I trail off to check the paper in my hand with my dorm room number and the name of my roommate. "Uh, Jeremy is a supporter of the LGBTQ+ Community.... Or at least isn't homophobic or transphobic. I really don't want to have to change rooms...." I talk to myself a bit. And with another deep breath, I step out of my car, suitcase in hand, walking through the college doors with confidence.

          I stumble around on my floor number, trying to find my room with no luck. While staring at my paper and walking down a hallway I run right into somebody. Great first impression, Michael.

          "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I quickly exclaim, helping the person up.

          "Oh, no problem, man. Hey, I'm Rich. Do you need help finding your room? You're looking pretty troubled." The guy, Rich, laughs.

          "Oh, hello Rich. I'm Michael. And yes, please. I've been searching for ages." I reply with a humorous response, making us both laugh.

          After a bit of walking down hallways and dodging corners, I finally make it to my room.

          "Thanks, bro. Maybe I'l see you around?" I exclaim, fist bumping Rich.

          "Yeah, man. I'll see you around." Rich waves and walks away, heading down more hallways.

          I take another deep breath after sliding the key into the slot in the door. I push the door open and see half the room already decorated with posters from some of my favorite video games. On my roommate, Jeremy's, desk, I see some figurines of characters from some video games and movies. I sigh in relief, realizing my roommate is just as nerdy as me, when it comes to video games. I set my suitcase down next to my desk and lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I let my mind run loose and I start to doze off before I suddenly hear the door open and close. I quickly sit up, taking my headphones of, keeping they around my neck.

          "Oh! H-hi, I'm Jeremy! Jeremy Heere. So you must be...." My roommate gets startled by seeing me sit up so suddenly.

          "Hello! I'm Michael! Michael Mell." I reply, smiling brightly. I jump down, off my bed, high-fiving him Jeremy appears to be a typical nerd, well I guess he's more of a geek but.... He's medium height, very thin. He's wearing a striped shirt with a dark blue cardigan sweater and some jeans. Alright, he doesn't appear to be some sort of a jock or a punk, so I think I can deal with this.

          "Nice to meet you Michael! I'm glad you're finally.... Heere." Jeremy laughs at his own joke, followed by my own laughter. Already with the cheesy jokes, I see. This guy is definitely a perfect roommate for me.... Unless he's homophobic.... or transphobic....

          "Haha, nice to meet you too, Jeremy. Glad to hear you are also a fan of cheesy jokes. Perfect." We both laugh yet again. I decide I just need to ask him the question before we become friends.

          "Okay, I was going to try and beat around the bush to ask you this, but I'm just going to avoid confusion and ask you straight up. Are you homophobic?" I quickly ask before I could change my mind. Jeremy gives me an astonished look.

          "No, no, no, of course not, silly!" Jeremy awkwardly runs his hand through his chocolate colored hair.

          "Okay, are you transphobic?" I nervously question.