Part 13

(Michael's POV)

          I made sure to only fall asleep after Jeremy had. After a few hours of sleep, I felt Jeremy jerk awake, sitting up and causing me to wake up. He was shaking and crying violently.

          "Hey, hey, hey, shhh. It's okay, Jeremy. It was just a dream, you're okay." I hugged Jeremy tightly.

          Once I noticed Jeremy was hyperventilating, I sat up as well. I wrapped my arm around his waist, holding him.

          "Hey, Jeremy. Breathe, Baby, it's okay. It was just a bad dream, you're okay. Calm down, Sunshine, everything will be alright." I cooed quietly into his ear.

          This went on for about 15 minutes until Jeremy finally stopped being visibly shaken. I moved in front of him, grabbing his hands. I held them tightly and looking into Jeremy's panicked eyes.

          "Jeremy.... Did you have a nightmare?" I ask softly, earning a small nod from Jeremy. "Can you tell me about it? At least when you're ready?" I question gently, earning another nod from Jeremy.

          "Yeah, yes. I-I'll tell you.... Well I'm not gonna explain it but.... Y-you'll see why." Jeremy mumbled, clearing his throat and quickly shaking his head. "It.... I-It was what happened earlier.... B-but only if you didn't save me...." Jeremy mumbled as quietly as possible without turning his voice into a whisper.

          "Oh.... I-I'm so sorry...." I trail off, not quite sure what to say. "It's okay.... Th-that's not gonna happen, I-I promise...." I trail off once more, hugging him again. "Do you think you'll be able to fall asleep again?" I ask slowly.

          "I-I'm not sure.... I'm still s-scared....
a-and a bit shaken up...." Jeremy reluctantly laid down next to me.

          Instead of laying down normally, I propped myself up on the wall and laid Jeremy on my chest and stomach. I continuously ran my hands through his hair, knowing it helps him calm down. After several minutes, Jeremy finally speaks up again.

          "M-Michael...? Could you, uh-.... Could you sing for me again...?" Jeremy asks me quietly, looking up at me.

          "What do you wanna hear? Upbeat, slow, funny.... What kinda song do you want me to sing?" I ask Jeremy.

          "Umm.... I guess surprise me? M-maybe one a little slower...." Jeremy got quieter at the end of his sentence.

Hmm.... He's probably not in the mood for something upbeat or funny.... Oh. I got one.

"What would I do? If I had not met you? Who would I blame my life on? Once I was I was told.... that all men get what they deserve.... Who the hell threw this amazing curve...." I sang, changing the sadder words to make him feel better. "There are no answers.... But who would I be? If you had not been my friend?" I sang softly, petting Jeremy's hair.

(Jeremy's POV)

Oh wow.... Michael sings so amazing. Does he even know that I actually like Falsettos? I appreciate that he's changing the more upsetting words.

After Michael finished the next few verses, singing softly, his eyes closed while putting his hands through my hair.

"There are no answers, but.... what would I do? If you had not been my friend...." Michael finished Marvin's part, about to continue the next part, before I cut him off.

"All your life you wanted men, and when you got it up to have them, who knew it could end your life?" I sang softly, looking up at Michael.