Part 24

(Jeremy's POV)

          The ride home was quiet, with Bob Marley playing in the background. I would've started up a conversation, but I wanted to give Michael time to actually process that his mom was still alive.

          We both sat smiling, holding hands the whole way home. Once we got back to our dorms, Michael tackled me into a rough hug.

          "Ahhhhh! I love you so much!" Michael smiled widely while moving us side to side in a bone-crushing hug.

          "Oh okay. I love you too!" I chuckled, hugging Michael back.

          We stayed hugging for quite a while longer until Michael connected our lips. He gave me a sweet kiss and nuzzled our noses together. The gesture made my face turn pink, but I still smiled shyly.

"Jer! We should go out today!" Michael suddenly announced, confidently grabbing my hand.

"Alright, Michael, where do you want to go?" I asked, amused by Michael's dorky smile.

Michael turned his head up in thought for a moment, before he suddenly gasped. "We should go ice-skating!!" Michael looked over to me excitedly, jumping in anticipation for my reaction.

"Alright you goof, get some warmer clothes on." I kissed Michael on the cheek and started searching for warmer clothes.

Michael was overjoyed and immediately started looking for warmer clothes as well.

Eventually, we made it to the ice-skating rink and we rented our skates. We both leaned on each other while putting our skates on, and about 20 minutes later we were ready to go on the rink.

Now, let me remind you that I have never ice-skated before in my entire life, but Michael used to go all the time as a kid. So. This probably will not end well.

Nervously, I took Michael's hand and made my way to the edge of the rink. I paused for a moment and took a deep breath.

          "Jer? You okay?" Michael asked sincerely (A/N: me-) as he softly rested a hand on my shoulder.

          "Y-yeah, I'm okay. Just a little nervous.... I've never ice skated before." I giggled anxiously as I rested my hand over Michael's.

          "If you're nervous, we don't have to skate. I don't want you to do something you're afraid of doing, but it is really fun and I know you'll be okay. But it's your decision." Michael smiled at me, patiently waiting for my reply.

          "No, it's okay. I want to skate, I'm just a little nervous, but I'll be okay." I smiled at Michael and turned back to the rink.

          "Okay, I know you'll be okay. And I'm always here for you if you fall. Just let me know if you want to leave early or something, I'll be okay with it." Michael removed his hand from my shoulder, and moved it down to my hand, and took it.

          "Alright.... Let's do this." I said confidently as I placed a skate on the ice.

          Right off the bat, I slipped and almost fell. Thankfully, Michael caught me before I hit the ground. I immediately started laughing, taking my skate off the ice.

          "Woah there, Tiger, don't get too cocky. You still gotta be careful.... Here, or heere, let me just...." Michael trailed off as he stepped in front of me and onto the ice. He then held out his hand for me, which I took, so he could help me onto the ice. This time, I actually planted both skates onto the ice without falling. "There we go! Okay, now for the basics of ice skating." Michael smiled widely and started teaching me how to skate.