Part 22

(Jeremy's POV)

          I suddenly heard a loud knock on the door. I nearly screamed. Before I could, I collected myself and peeked through the peephole. It's just Michael. I took my hand, which was still shaking from earlier that morning, and locked the door.

          I opened the door and stood back.

          "Jeremy!... Wait, are you okay?" Michael asked with concern, probably due to how much I was shaking and my unusual figure/attitude.

          "Y-yeah.... I'm o-okay...." I stuttered, my eyes watering as I knew I was lying. I quickly blinked my tears away.

          "Oh, okay...." Michael looked slightly confused and still a little worried, but he decided to let it go. "So why didn't you visit me today?.... You also didn't answer any of my texts or calls.... Did something happen?"

          "Oh, I...." I started thinking about what happened. I quickly turned around and wiped my tears while I was turned away. "I-I was just a little b-busy.... I'm s-sorry...." I stuttered, my voice starting to crack, making me clear it.

          "Jeremy, are you sure nothing's wrong...?" Michael worriedly questioned as he tried wrapping an arm around me.

          The second he touched me, I shrieked.

          "Don't t-touch me!!" I shouted, jumping back. I immediately regretted yelling, but I couldn't stand to be touched at the moment.

          Michael immediately pulled his hand back. He looked slightly hurt, but mostly concerned and worried.

          "I'm sorry.... Jeremy, please tell me what's going on...." Michael pleaded, motioning for me to sit on the floor with him.

          "W-well.... L-Last night, the nurses k-kicked me out of the h-hospital.... A-and it was already dark out, s-so I just started walking h-home.... I ended up running into s-some guy who.... h-he......." Tears quickly welled up in my eyes, which I tried my hardest to hold in.

          "He...?" Michael asked gently, moving closer to me, but not touching me.

          "H-he grabbed me and-a-and sh-shoved me into an alley a-and blinded and gagged m-me and.... and he.... h-h-he...." I bit my lip as hard as possible to hold in my tears. It didn't work. I bursted into tears. "I-I can't do it, Michael!! I c-can't!! I can't do it anym-more!" I wailed, sobbing into my hands.

          "Jeremy.... Can I hold your hand?" Michael asked softly, which I responded by nodding my head between tears.

          Michael gently took my hand, lacing our fingers. He softly stroked the back of my hand with his thumb.

          "Jeremy.... I'm so sorry this happened, a-and you didn't deserve this, but we're gonna get through it.... I promise." Michael's voice was quiet but clear and strong.

          I responded with more sobs. I kept crying while Michael just held my hand and sat there.... Not able to do anything because he didn't want to scare me by touching me.

          "Jeremy.... Can I hug you?" Michael asked after a minute, unable to not help me at this point.

          I reluctantly nodded as Michael moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around me loosely. I stiffened up and didn't move my arms, shutting my eyes tight.

"Jeremy, Love, it's okay.... I would never hurt you...." Michael whispered, loosening his arms up more.

It's just Michael.... He would never do that to me. He loves me. I love him. I'm safe when I'm with him.