Part 14

(Jeremy's POV)

The lights dimmed and they started playing a slow, love song. I stopped skating by a ledge and looked to Michael, a HUGE grin on his face. I smiled goofily and took his hand while continuing to skate. After a round or two, I laced our fingers together, making him grin slyly at me.

"What's with that smug gri-" I cut myself off.

Michael turned around, skating backwards while in front of me. He had his face inches in front of mine. My cheeks turned as deep of a color of red as humanly possible as he just stared deeply into my eyes. He took both my hands as we continued to skate this way for a few laps around.

After a bit, Michael led me off the rink, getting us some lunch from the fast-food place in the building. I was still completely dazed over what had happened, so Michael ordered for me. We finally got our food and drinks, sitting at a table. I hadn't said a word this whole time, but I couldn't take my eyes off Michael.

".... Woah...." Was all I could manage at the moment.

I felt completely and utterly stunned. I knew at that moment that this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

          "You good, Jer? You haven't said a word this whole time.... Except for 'wow'." Michael chuckled, grabbing my hand.

          I finally snapped put of it, shaking my head and finally being aware of what was happening around me. "Oh! Y-yeah! I just.... woah.... That was- woah." I stuttered out, still dazed.

          "Heh! I've been practicing. Good to know you liked it.." Michael winked slyly, making me blush and giggle.

"Michael...." I started quietly, unprepared yet so sure about what I was going to say.

"Yeah?" Michael immediately started getting anxiety, as I could see by the look in his eyes. I sat down next to him, rather than across from him and looked down. But I couldn't speak, the words got choked up in my mouth. "J-Jeremy? I-If I did anything wrong.... o-or go to far, just t-tell me! I-I understand if you want to leave me.... You're too good for me anyway.... I-I'm sorry...." Michael started panicked and I just tightened my grip on his hands.

I finally looked up, staring into Michael's eyes. I refused to let him or myself break eye contact for a second. I finally took a deep breath and readied myself to speak. There's no going back now.

"You're the man that I never want to leave my side. You're the man that I love, and the man I will always love." I spoke gently, still staring at him. "Michael.... You're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with...." I said softly, my voice barely above a whisper. Michael's panicked face turned more and more into a smile after each word.

Michael suddenly pulled me into a bone-crushing hug, burying his face in my shoulder.

"Thank you.... That- that means so much to me. I appreciate it so much.... You're the man I want to spend the rest of my life with too.... I love you so much." Michael whispered into my ear, refusing to let go of me.

After a few minutes into the hug, we mutually agreed to finish our food. But Michael still kept one arm around my waist, refusing to fully let go of me.

We stayed at the roller-skating rink for hours and hours, skating, eating, talking, and singing songs. We were having so much fun before the workers announced the rink would only be open for 5 more minutes.

Michael and I put our regular shoes back on, gathering our stuff together. We were talking about video games before an ear-splitting sound echoed across the building.