Part 23

~~~ Huge time skip to mid-December because of writer's block ~~~

(Michael's POV)

I finally woke up after another all-night gaming/kissing session with Jeremy. He was cuddled into me, his face buried in my red hoodie. I chuckled lightly and tightened my grip around my boyf riend.

I then pulled out my phone and started playing Flow, a game Jeremy made me addicted to. I rested my chin on his head while playing, waiting patiently for Jeremy to wake up.

After a few minutes, my phone started vibrating. An unknown number was calling me. I got a bit nervous, but I sat up and answered it.

(Jeremy's POV)

I woke up after Michael suddenly sat up, keeping me in his lap. I was about to fall back asleep, but I stopped when I noticed Michael was talking on the phone.

"Wh-who is this...? What? How did you...? How are you...? I.... I don't know what to say...." Michael stopped talking for a while after that. "Okay.... Yeah, I'll be there...." Michael paused again before putting his phone down.

I then sat up, looking up at Michael. He was looking diagonally down, his jaw slightly dropped. He had an expression that I couldn't determine.

"Who was that?" I asked, looking into his eyes. He grabbed my hand.

"My mom." Michael whispered.

Now I was making the same face as Michael. I thought she died? I moved next to Michael and wrapped my arm around him.

"How is that...? How did she get your number?" I asked, not sure if I should ask what I originally wanted to.

"I don't know.... She said she'd explain everything at lunch. And I don't know how it's possible, Jeremy. I'm just.... I don't know whether to be happy or upset or mad...." Michael kept staring in front of him, at nothing.

"Wait we're getting lunch with her? She's nearby?" I questioned, still slightly sleepy and confused.

          "Apparently.... I mean, obviously she doesn't know that you're coming with me, but there's no way I'm doing this alone.... U-unless you don't want to go of course, I mean, I'd never make you do something you don't want to do, I wouldn't-" I cut Michael off before he could start panicking more than he already was.

          "Hey, Michael, it's okay. I wanna go with you. And I know you'd never force me to do anything." I started rubbing his back, hoping it'd calm him down. I soon noticed his breathing hitched, and he started taking short and sharp inhales. I then turned towards him and hugged him tightly, holding onto his sweatshirt. "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. I love you, Michael, and we're gonna get through this together. Okay?" I spoke softly, running a hand through Michael's hair.

          Michael had a tight grasp around me. "O-okay.... I love you too.... I just- I don't know what to think.... Sh-she just goes and-and leave me like that.... and now she wants to see me and talk to me and whatnot.... I just-.... What do I do??" Michael buried his face in my shoulder, not crying, but more out of frustration and shock.

          "Maybe she has a reason she left you like that...? I don't think there's a very viable excuse  for a mother to leave her son like that, but you shouldn't be mad or upset with her until you hear her story. As for now, I guess we should get ready for lunch." I hugged Michael tighter for a minute before we both silently agreed to pull away and get dressed.