Part 9

(Michael's POV)

Why is Dad calling? Why at this moment? I was gonna do it! Well, I gotta answer now, Jeremy's already backed up. Damnit.

I slowly answer the call and pull my phone to my ear.

(Jeremy's POV)

"H-hello?" Michael nervously ask, gripping my hand.

I tightly lace my fingers with Michael's. I listen to his side of the conversation.

"Dad.... What do you mean? No! I can't-! Dad, what are you talking about?! No! I finally got in, I'm not going back!"

My heart drops at the last thing I heard. H-he.... h-he's leaving? I can't even comprehend it at the moment, so I continue to listen.

"Dad. I finally got in, I'm not going back. Sorry, but you wouldn't want me home anyway!" Michael covered his mouth at the last thing he said.

Michael looks at me, frantically. I rub circles on his hand to help calm him, while mouthing 'It's okay' repeatedly.

"B-because I'm gay, Dad! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard it before! I'm not going back and that's the end of it!" Michael says, agitated, before ripped his phone from his ear and ending the call.

Michael gives me one look and bursts into tears, burying his face in my shoulder. I was shocked for a second, but I then hug him back tightly.

"Shh, it's okay, Michael. You'll be okay." I coo into his ear, running one of my hands through his hair.

"No it's not. H-he wants me to go back
h-home. I-I can't do that, Jeremy! I-I can't go back! Y-you don't know how much he's hurt
m-me! Mentally, emotionally....
Ph-physically.... I-I'm sorry for ruining y-your day, Jeremy. I-I'm sorry for being s-so stupid." Michael rambled on, his words muffled by my sweater.

"It's okay, Michael. Don't apologize. And you didn't ruin anything, I'm glad I'm here with you. Everything will be alright. Don't worry, Michael." I softly say into his ear, as I keep running my hands through his hair.

          "I did, though. I ruined everything! I-I can't leave you, Jeremy! Y-you're the only person th-that cares about me! The only person that I-I care about! I can't leave, I d-don't know what to do! W-what do I do, Jeremy, what do I do?!" More tears fall from Michael's face as he nuzzled my neck.

          "Michael. Come here. Get up." I tell him, not in a stern way, but softly. He follows suit, looking down. "Look at me." He looks up. "Michael. You aren't going anywhere, and he can't make you. You are going to do whatever you feel like doing. If you want to stay here, then you're staying here. If not, then just know I'll always be there for you. I'm always here, and there are a lot of people who care about you. As for what to do, you need to do whatever you want to do. If you want to stay, then you're going to stay." I finish with a smile, putting my hand on Michael's cheek.

"Th-thank you, Jeremy. I really appreciate it. I really needed that...." Michael trails off and grins at me, making me internally relax. "But you know what else I need?" Me. Please be me. Please say me. "Ice cream!" Honestly, that's the second best answer.

"Yes. Ice cream sounds perfect right now. Right after breakfast!" I joke, giggling as Michael stands up and turns around in front of me.

"Hope on, Jer!" Michael points to his back, as realization occurs to me. Oh my god, he's gonna give me a freaking piggy-back ride. I jump on his back.