1: A Quest For Normalcy

Will woke up in the Apollo cabin, as per usual. He looked to the side of him to find Kayla, only slightly scaring the shit outta Will. That was pretty usual too, though.

"Chiron wants you in the big house." Kayla stated. Will quirked an eyebrow; he wasn't typically needed in the big house.

"You're taking my shift, then." Will stood up, stretching for a moment. Kayla didn't seem to care, handing Will the bag he always had with him.

"I'd hurry." Kayla told him. Will rushed out of the cabin. He made a short attempt to fix his hair, which was nothing more than running his hand through it. Whatever, he thought. He looked the same he always did anyway.

"Look who decided to show up." Leo sassed as Will walked in. Will looked around the room at those there. The main seven, as everyone knew, along with Reyna and Thalia. Will was very confused as to why he was there.

"Chiron, why are we here?" Thalia asked impatiently. Chiron looked around at everyone, seeming to do a headcount.

"You all have been chosen to go to a nearby high school." Chiron started, and everyone there groaned.

"Why?" Annabeth asked, voicing everyone else's thoughts.

"There is a high chance of there being multiple demigods at said school, someone must bring them here. Or at least protect the school from the possible monsters." Chiron explained.

"We have Satyrs for that." Percy mentioned.

"This school likely has far more demigods attending it than a satyr could collect. And, you all should have a chance to live a somewhat normal teenage life. This is that chance." Chiron answered, a small smile on his face.

"Sir, why am I here? I understand all of them, of course, but I have little reason to be in the group. I'm fine with the demigod life, not to mention." Will finally spoke, seeming to surprise a few of the others there.

"The group may need a skilled healer, and you are the most skilled in the camp." Chiron told him. Will shrugged, okay with the answer.

"Where's Nico? He should be with us. And where are we staying?" Annabeth asked, and the rest of the group nodded in agreement.

"Nico has already been at the school, and is hopefully going to be able to show you about the school. You will be staying in apartments very near the school. We will have Malcolm, who should be here soon, bless you all to have all the knowledge required for you to know by now, since I know you all missed a bit of school." Chiron might've kept talking, but if he did, Will had stopped paying attention. He already had scenarios running through his head of how this could go.

"Will." Percy pulled Will out of the almost daze. "We're packing up and leaving, man."

Half the group was already leaving, going back to their cabins to pack. Will nodded gratefully before following them out, going back to the Apollo cabin.

"Will, if you bring that, I'm smackin' ya." Kayla scolded, taking the small box out of Will's hands. He hadn't noticed what it was he was even holding, fully on autopilot and grabbing everything he knew was his. Now that he saw what it was, he agreed that he didn't want to bring it.

"Yeah, thank you." Will quickly went through and saw what he'd packed, making sure it was nothing else stupid. It didn't seem to be, so he grabbed the small suitcase he had and walked out the door, towards where he knew Argus would be picking them all up.

"Great. I go from late to too early." Will muttered. He sat down, wrapping and unwrapping his wrist with a thing of bandage as he waited on everyone else.

Annabeth and Percy were in a close second, holding hands as they walked up to the meeting area. Percy gave Annabeth a quick kiss on the forehead, which was admittedly adorable. They found no one else there but Will, so they both sat down, cuddling up against each other.

"I told you we didn't have to leave so soon,Wisegirl." Percy teased. Annabeth shrugged, shifting to get somehow closer to Percy.

"Better early than late, seaweed brain. Hazel and Frank will be next, I predict." She told him thoughtfully.

Sure enough, Hazel and Frank were next. They weren't quite holding hands, still in that awkward phase of not knowing if they actually wanted to be together. They did, of course, and everyone else saw that, but that was whatever.

"You called it, babe. I can't say who's next, but Leo is absolutely going to be last." Percy told her. She thought for a moment before she nodded in agreement.

Will was still fidgeting with that bandage, listening to the conversation but not inputting much. They were all his friends, sort of. He helped in the wars a bit, but he didn't spend any time with any of them really.

"Sorry, had to be fashionably late. Now that the king has arrived, we may leave." Of course, Leo was last, sarcastically boasting. Everyone stood up, filing into the somewhat small bus that was to be driven by Argus.