15: Boxers

tw: homophobic slurs

"Will, why in the hell are you in nothing but boxers?" Nico asked incredulously.

"Well, frankly, because I forgot that you were here. And it's too warm in here, this is comfortable." Will shrugged. Nico was almost offended that Will was shrugging while he was dying inside.

"Could you put, at least, pants on?" Nico bargained. Will smirked and chuckled.

"What, too hot for you?" Will asked him cheekily. Nico blushed, but not at all because it was, in fact, too hot for him. Not for that reason at all.

"No, it's just very unnecessary. You own shorts, they're all you ever wear, go put some on." Nico told him.

"Aaand what if I don't? You can't do much of anything." Will argued. Nico scowled.

"What I can do is throw you out the window. Or hide all of the ramen for the next month." Nico shot back. It was quiet for a moment.

"You're a dick." Will decided.

"And I can practically see yours. Go put pants on." Nico instructed. Will groaned before walking off to do so. Nico found himself looking at Will's thighs just before he disappeared into another room.

"Happy?" Will asked, now that he was in actual shorts.

"Happier. What was on your thighs?" Nico asked. Will had to think about it for a moment.

"Oh. Some old scars. I mean, obviously they were old scars, I'm assuming you actually saw them. No big deal." Will shrugged.

"Alrighty then. Don't tell me what they're from." Nico said, a bit bitterly. He made up for it by adding on, "Now go put on a shirt."

"Absolutely not. Shirtlessness is comfortable. You should try it." It took a moment for them both to comprehend what Will'd just said. Will started blushing from pure embarrassment.

"Are you asking me to take my shirt off, Will?" Nico asked with a sly smile.

"Shut up, I'm obviously stupid and I didn't think that through. Leave me alone." Will argued. Nico laughed at him.

"That's what I thought. Now would you please put a shirt on?"

"No, fuck you." Will stuck his tongue out at him.

"Godsdamnit, Will. You're insufferable." Nico whined.

"And you get to live with me for the school year."

~

"Yeah, sorry. Beg Knittel not to mark me as late for me. Got it." Will hung up the phone call with Nico, knowing that he'd be a bit late to class. He was just outside the school, since they all walked thanks to the closeness of the apartment building to the school.

He walked fairly quickly. He had to, at least, to avoid be late as much as possible. He was pretty dead to the world, headphones in as he listened to music. That was a bit of a mistake, because, in not paying attention, he walked directly into someone.

"Ah shit, sorry man." Will muttered, looking up at the person... People. A few people, who seemed to be menacingly standing in front of Will.

"You've lots to be sorry for." The main kid grunted. Will didn't quite get it.

"I'm not looking for trouble." Will stated civilly. And then he was punched in the face, and he realized that there was going to be trouble.

"Faggot. You're nothing more than a stupid fag." As he was being held against a wall and spat on, Will debated retrieving an arrow from his wallet to just stab the dude. It wouldn't do much though, mostly anything demigodly didn't hurt mortals.

"So since you like guys doing things to you, i figured we could..." Will didn't have to or want to hear whatever else he had to say, he got the gist. He quickly got his arm loose and punched the kid that was holding onto him, following that quickly with a knee to the kid's... sensitive area.

"Fag!" The kid shouted at Will, as if that'd do anything. The other kids seemed stunned for a moment before rushing at Will. Will didn't wait to try to fight, instead opting to sprint as far into the school as he could. His first class, thank the gods, was the first one he saw, and he sprinted into the classroom.

"Hi." He said feebly. The entire class just sat and stared for a moment. "Sorry I'm late."

"What the fuck happened to you?" Nico asked finally, which was a fair question, considering the amount of blood along with bruises that covered Will.

"Nothin' good, I'll tell ya that." Will responded.

"Go to the nurse, Will." Mr. Knittel told him. No one stopped Nico when he stood up and followed Will out.