11: Detention

Detention. The worst fear of most good kids, kinda meh to the rest of the population. You see, Will was a bit of a good kid, in the days when he actually went to school. Now, he didn't care much. He was at the school purely for the mission.

"Alrighty. You will sit down, be quiet, and complete the paper in front of you as you eat." The teacher instructed. That was just fine. Will was sat just behind Nico; no point in being right next to each other if you can't talk.

And so they did do what they were supposed to. There were a few other kids there, spread randomly around the room. Some actually did what they were supposed to, while most just hid headphones and listened to music, not working. Will and Nico, however, did the work quietly.

There was a faint whispering behind Nico, though he didn't question it. He didn't hear Will's voice, and that's all that mattered. Just because they were friends, of course.

Nico did question, though, when there was a quiet gasp. He looked back simply assuming that someone'd dropped something, or something else entertaining.

What he saw, though, was a frozen-looking Will. A desk had been pulled up right against Will's, silently thanks to carpet. Sat in said desk was a fairly tall girl with long, black hair and light brown eyes. She was obnoxiously close to Will, actually pressed against him. She had a certain look in her eyes, though it was hard to exactly place it. And Will looked absolutely frozen.

"Hey, leave him alone." Nico told her firmly. She rolled her eyes, keeping her attention on Will.

"I'm simply talking to an old friend." She stated. And Nico believed her, for a second, and then he saw Will. That pulled him back to reality.

"No you aren't. Back off." Nico shot back. Will was very clearly uncomfortable, now that Nico saw him properly. He was still frozen, possibly from fear.

"This is none of your business." She snarled. Nico stared her down, glared at her as strongly as he could. She glared back.

"Ms. Brown, what exactly are you doing?" The teacher asked suddenly. The girl's hands instantly flew off of Will, and Nico hadn't quite noticed where her hands were before.

"Nothing, ma'am!" She said innocently.

"She was touching him, he's uncomfortable and frozen, likely from fear." Nico told the teacher truthfully.

"Ms. Brown, sit over there." The teacher instructed. The girl pouted, whined, and then finally stood up and sat on the other side of the room. Nico was quick to sit where she just was.

"Are you okay? What was she doing?" Nico asked Will gently. Will let out a breath of relief, finally seeming in the present moment.

"She was just touching me. She's an ex, I don't know why she's here, I didn't think she was, and she was... ugh." Will said quickly. "I'm sorry for freezing up, making you say something. Thank you."

"It's okay. Are you alright, though?" Nico insisted. He looked concerned, a soft, comforting look.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's fine. Thank you, still." Will replied, though something seemed slightly off. Nico wouldn't push that, though.

"Would you, uh, like a hug?" Nico asked quietly. Will didn't even respond, instead just pulling Nico into a tight hug.

"I thought you weren't one for physical contact." Will mentioned.

"I'm not. But I know you are." Nico responded. Will smiled and the two pulled away just in time for the bell to ring.

"Thank you. So much. Let's go." Will told him, finally able to talk at his normal volume.

"It's no problem. Really. Yes, let's." Nico agreed. They both headed to their next class.

"Hey, how was detention?" Leo asked them. Nico didn't know if he should explain what happened, that was purely up to Will. Will shrugged.

"Meh. Could've been better, could've been worse. Not something to be particularly scared of." Will replied casually.

"It was just a matter of sit down, shut up and do what I tell you." Nico added.

"Hell yeah! I can do more bullshit with less fear of that!" Leo cheered. Will chuckled and Nico rolled his eyes.

"I wouldn't get too confident, a buncha detentions add up, I believe. Turns into a suspension or whatever." Will warned.

"Well I can do as much bullshit as I can before I'm in actual trouble." Leo reasoned, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Of course." Will agreed.