26: Disaster

"We should talk about this, right?" Nico asked quietly. Will quickly nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. I, uh, would like for that to be a regular thing that happens. Kissing. So, Nico, would you be my boyfriend?" Will asked. Nico grinned.

"I've waited for you to ask that question for months. Of course." Nico told him.

"I've waited to ask that question for, like, half a year. So... It seems that our friends were right, about us being in love." Will chuckled.

"Yes, but we are never telling them that. Never. They cannot know that they were right." Nico stated, and Will chuckled a bit more.

"So what do we tell them? Piper sent the picture to the... Oh. Huh. I guess she unsent it." Will checked his phone, just to make sure, and found that the photo was no longer in the chat, instead just sent to him. Piper added a short message- "Make the relationship a surprise. For drama."

"Seeing as how she wants it dramatic, how are we going to accomplish that?" Nico asked, having gotten the same message.

"Hell if I know, ask her. She probably knows. We could always just start obscenely kissing in front of them, no warning." Will suggested with a shrug.

"That sounds like it would be easiest. And we tell them that something happened that we refuse to mention happened, and we suddenly started dating. That would add to the drama, making a mystery out of it." Nico added.

"You're a genius. We doin' that tomorrow?" Will questioned.

"At lunch, yes. Until then, I suggest we watch a-when in Hades did Luna and Solare get so big?" Their two cats ran by, Luna seeming to chase Solare. They were almost the size of normal cats now, though, it was still noticeable that they were small. And, of course, Luna was still smaller than Solare.

"They do that, ya know. I'm scared of the day we get real cats and we forget to feed them because these little ghostie weirdos don't have to, and we're utterly confused when they don't just randomly grow." Will joked.

"I can see that happening, absolutely. As I was saying, I say that we watch a movie? Or do you have work to do?" Nico questioned.

"I think I have something to turn in for Knittel but I'll finish that in class. What movie were ya thinkin'?"

"Anything we find on Netflix?"

"So what you're saying is that you wanna Netflix and chill? Except it's actual chilling. And cuddling."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll assume that it's a modern reference, so sure." Nico shrugged.

"Wow. I must teach you so many dead memes." Will told him, feigning amazement.

"Leo's mentioned something about that too. Now is not the time for teaching me may-mays." Nico said innocently. Fucker knew exactly what he was doing, and he knew that he'd get a reaction from it.

"What did you call them?"

"May-mays? The funny internet pictures? That people know?" Nico continued. The look on Will's face was worth it, frankly.

"Well first off, it's memes, like mean but an m. And, they're not all pictures. Lastly, it is always time to teach about memes when you call them that." Will told him, a bit too astounded.

"Whatever, may-mays are unimportant anyway." Nico shrugged.

"You're such a little shit."

"But you love me, apparently."

"I sure do, my small sassy boyfriend." Will teased.

"Call me small again, my love, and I'll kill you. You know I could do it."

"Please do. And I know you could, you're a tiny ball of rage and power. I called you tiny, not small, you can't kill me right now. Not in the apartment, it'll make a mess."

"You're more concerned about the messiness of the apartment than your life?"

"Yes? What kinda question is that? I'm a millennial, Nico."

"You're a disaster is what you are."