34: Heroic

Nico wishes he could say that something heroic happened. That he went to Natalie, calmly interrogated her, found out where Will was, got her in jail and saved him.

She was no help.

Instead of seeming guilty, at all, she seemed as she always did. That's a non-starter. And then, when Nico tried to ask her questions, she was awful good at acting innocent. Same with when she was asked by other people. She was somehow completely not intimidated by the entire group. Except Reyna, though Reyna could convince you you were guilty even if you were innocent.

"She did it. I fucking know she is-she has him in-in her fucking basement, or something, and she's so fucking fake that-"

"Nico, we do not have proof of that. From what we know, she was only attached to him because she found him attractive. She would not go as far to kidnap him." Annabeth debated.

"From what you fucking know, but I know the shit she's done to him. And she would do it, because he is a fucking play toy to her, and she lost someone to manipulate-" Nico argued.

"I think you're overestimating her, Nico." Jason told him calmly.

"I'm not, is the thing! I've heard all the stories, I know how evil she actually is. Instead of just writing off what I'm saying, as the one who knows him best, why aren't we going and doing something?"

"We've done all that we can, Neeks. She said she doesn't know. We can't have her house searched or something." Thalia told him. She knew exactly what she was doing by saying that.

"We can't, I can. I'll do it myself." And with that, Nico was gone, shadow traveled into Natalie's house.

"You did that on purpose." Jason suspected.

"If I put the idea into his head instead of just telling him what to do, none of you could stop him." Thalia smirked.

"She has a point. Actually looking through the house is the best way to find out if Will is there." Reyna backed her up.

Nico was back, looking disappointed. "He wasn't there. But there's so much evidence against her, she has him at a friend's or something!"

"Nico. You're likely looking too far into it and seeing what you want to. We need to find other places to search." Annabeth stated firmly.

"She threatened him over text! I looked through his messages, not to mention the creepy note, a music note and a heart..." Nico seemed a bit desperate at this point.

"Music note? Let me see it." Piper spoke up finally, holding her hand out for Will's phone. Nico kept it on him, just so there was no way for it to be stolen. He unlocked the phone, pulled out the note, and handed it to Piper. She took out her own phone, typed something on it, and thought.

"It may be overthinking, but the pretty keyboard app I have has a font of just emojis-It kind of sucks, really, it's hard to read. That music note is what that font uses for Ns." Piper informed.

"N and a heart! It's Natalie pulling some bullshit!" Nico exclaimed.

"There's no proof that she uses that same app, he could've just written random emojis." Annabeth told him.

"Piper, what keyboard app do you use?" Percy asked her.

"FancyKey."

"Natalie does use that app, there's screenshots with her keyboard, it has the same logo as Piper's." Thalia told them.

"And how do you know that?" Annabeth questioned.

"Her Instagram."

"SEE! Would you all fucking listen to me now? She has to have something to do with it." Nico stated.