20: Okay

Will woke up to sobbing.

Someone sobbing into him, to be more specific.

Nico sobbing into him, to be the most specific.

"Nico?" Will asked quietly. Nico sort of jumped, not expecting Will to speak. He quickly composed himself.

"Oh thank the gods you're okay. Never do that again. You scared me-you scared the whole group." Nico scolded, though he did look happy that Will was okay and conscious.

"I don't even remember what happened, my dude." Will defended. Nico sighed.

"You fucking collapsed. You overdid yourself on healing me, you absolute idiot! I was worried! I had to get you here, and you weren't fucking waking up, and you looked so hurt, Will." Nico told him. Will looked around finally. A small hospital room, of course.

"I'm sorry? I don't know what to say here. I knew you were more important and acted based on that. Didn't know you'd care so much." Will stated, shifting to be sitting up in the bed.

"I am not more important than your safety and wellbeing, Will! And of course I care! You fucking collapsed, you were obviously severely hurt, and you are my friend!" Nico reprimanded.

"I'm sorry, alright! I didn't mean to worry you. Could you stop yelling at me?" Will asked. Nico's expression softened, and he took a step to be back next to Will.

"Yes, I'm sorry. You saved my life, I shouldn't be so mad at you." Nico told him.

"Oh, I don't think that's true. You're extremely good at fighting, you would've figured it out. Can we leave? I kinda want to be home."

"Will, you absolutely saved my life. If you weren't there, if you didn't pull that light shield out of your ass suddenly and fought the cyclopes, I would not have made it. Don't have any illusions that you didn't save my life." Nico told him seriously.

"...Okay. Sure. Now can we get to the apartment?"

"After the group sees that you're okay. They all showed up here, I told them what happened." As if on cue, Jason walked in. He smiled at seeing Will awake.

"Will! I'm glad to see you conscious, bro. You sounded pretty heroic, based on what Nico told all of us." Jason told him. Will sighed.

"I wasn't even thinking, I didn't have a choice in the matter. Is everyone seriously here?" Will questioned.

"They're all waiting outside." Jason answered. Annabeth was the next one to walk in, her stormy gray eyes looking almost fascinated.

"Nico said you suddenly started using a sort of light-bending magic. Is that new? Or have you been hiding this power from us?" Annabeth quizzed him. Will was happy to answer, actually. Because he didn't quite get it either.

"Completely new. Didn't even notice I was doing it, actually. It was kinda cool." Will told her. Annabeth thought for a moment.

"That's what I figured. And were you aware that this is was a possible power for you to have, being a son of Apollo? It's extremely rare, of course, but it has been recorded to have happened at least once."

"I had no idea. I wonder..." Will was obviously about to try to do something magical.

"Do not try it, especially not in here, Will. It's probably what exhausted you before. I'm banning you from doing light magic bullshit for three days." Nico said with a smirk.

"You can't do that?"

"You banned me from anything underworldly, I can ban you from light bullshit." Nico decided. Will sighed.

"Oh wise Annabeth, could you tell me how that happened, out of nowhere?" Will didn't respond to Nico, mainly because he had a point and both of them were stubborn.

"Powers can often suddenly develop when strong emotions are at play. The most common one is protectiveness, of course, along with rage. Who you protect adds to it, too. If you, say, were in love with the person," She smiled innocently at Will. Will glared at her. "Then you're fairly likely to develop some sort of magic. It's rare, for that to happen, meaning that you're either very lucky or your emotions were pretty strong."

"You're so smart, wisegirl." Percy said, suddenly right next to her.

"Did you even hear what I was saying?" Annabeth asked with an eyebrow raise.

"Nope. I didn't have to." Percy smiled, snaking his arm around her waist. Annabeth chuckled.

"What I heard is that you're in love with Nico, Will." Piper said cheekily, suddenly right next to Will. Will decided that he needed to start paying better attention to people entering rooms.

"I don't think this conversation is at all needed, especially now. And I'm not." Will told her, narrowing his eyes.

"You all can tell the rest that Will is fine, we're going home." Nico stated.

"Not a word." Will warned Piper as she wiggled her eyebrows at him.