17: Gay

Pretty near the end of The Bee Movie, an Iris message popped up in front of Will,

behind the laptop. On the other end was Kayla, who was now laughing. Why?

"That's gay, William." Kayla stated. Because Nico and Will were cuddled up, obnoxiously close to each other.

"No! It is not! We were only near each other because the laptop is small and we're watching something. What do you want?" Will excused. He and Nico were quick to scoot away from each other.

"Suuure. Will, don't act like you don't find Nico-"

"Kayla, my wonderful sister, shut your ungodly mouth before I go to camp and throw you to the cleaning harpies." Will warned. That just earned more laughter from Kayla.

"Alright alright, I'll let you confess to him yourself. I just wanted to see how the quest was going." Kayla grinned as Will glared at her.

"The quest is going fine. There's been a surprising lack of monster attacks, at least from our end. I believe Percy and Annabeth have been attacked a good few times, though." Nico reported.

"Yeah, Percy and Annabeth have been getting the bulk of the attacks. The group comes to me to get healed as much as possible and use as little Nectar and Ambrosia as possible." Will agreed.

"That sounds tiring." Kayla mentioned.

"Yeah, the fact that I don't get to sleep much either isn't helping. Nico and I both stay up late together to avoid nightmares, so at least it's not alone." Will affirmed.

"I don't think you're helping the situation with her thinking we're gay." Nico commented, and Kayla laughed.

"You certainly are not, bro. Our entire cabin will hear about this."

"No it will NOT, you motherfucker, do not start that rumor. People will actually believe it because I'm gay. Do not." Will scolded her.

"You can't stop me, William. They will know. Unless Nico has a girlfriend?"

"I do not have a girlfriend, no. And I don't see myself getting one anytime soon." Nico answered her.

"No! You should've lied and said you had one so she doesn't start telling everyone we're dating."

"Maybe if you start dating they it wouldn't be that big an-" Kayla started, but Nico cut her off, though he was talking primarily to Will.

"You seem to believe us dating would be so terrible. I don't really get why." Nico commented. It was pretty silent for a moment.

"Well, I mean, I'm not saying it'd be terrible, just, you know, let's not get rumors spread that aren't true. Plus, you're straight, so..."

"That's a pretty large assumption." Nico told him. Silence again.

"Oh shiiiiit." Kayla said quietly.

"Is that your way of coming out? Or are you just saying to not assume?" Will asked, sort of quietly.

"It is my way of coming out, yes. I am gay. Don't tell people that." Nico told him.

"Oh. Alrighty. So, uh..." Will didn't know what to say. Conveniently for him, he got a call.

"Shit. Thalia wants healing, she and Reyna got attacked, the idiots have nothing with them, I have to head to their place." And Will was gone, out the door.

"So. Tell me the truth, buddy. Would you date my bro?" Kayla asked Nico, now

that it was just the Iris message and him.

"Why would I trust you with that information?"

"I'm taking that as a yes. I won't tell anyone, trust me. About that or the gay thing. I'm not one to out people. Just, eh, know that he'd probably say yes, if you asked him out. Shoot your shot, bro." And with that, Kayla ended the Iris message. Nico was ever so slightly stunned. Finally, after just sitting there for a bit, Nico stood up and walked to Thalia and Reyna's apartment.

"-implies that he wants to date or something, and my gay heart can't take that shit, he's so-oh hi Nico." Will was obviously caught in the middle of some sort of rant to Thalia.

"Did you not lock the door?" Reyna asked Will incredulously.

"Sorry."