25: Fight

"-Well, yeah, and the thing was was that they were tiny. Tiny, tiny little kid. So I look them in the eye, and I tell them, "I could pick you up with one arm," and they laugh before standing up and just saying, "Do it."" Will told the story.

"You did not pick them up with one arm." Nico stated.

"I got my friend to take pictures of me picking them up with one arm, actually, so I have proof. I was going to camp during the summers, so I was a bit strong. And they just laughed as I did it, too, like they were so used to being picked up that it was just funny. God's, I miss theater."

"You sound like a huge theater nerd." Nico commented, chuckling.

"I AM a huge theater nerd, because it was fantastic. Theater people are great. First people I told about possibly being gay. So there was a running joke of replacing the word mad with gay, which made me the gay hatter. Like, there's no judgement."

"It definitely sounds fun."

"For sure. Sorry for dumping theatre stories on you, I know it's probably annoying." Will said softly.

"It actually really isn't, I don't know how you got it in your head that your talking is annoying. You're great at telling your stories, and your voice is nice. Probably an Apollo thing." Nico told him. Will gave a small smile.

"Ah, thank you. I was just told to shut up a lot." Will shrugged.

"I will fight whoever told you to shut up. I hate when people do stuff like that, they don't realize how much that hurts someone."

"I mean, you kinda already did fight her. And she probably meant it to hurt." It took a moment for Nico to get exactly who that was.

"Fucking Natalie! She's the worst!" Nico exclaimed.

"She really is. I'm glad as hell that I got to yell at her. That stupid threat she made was concerning but I mean, she's weak as hell and I'd have nothing against just murdering her." Will chuckled.

"She is absolutely weak as hell. Hi Luna." Nico greeted his shadow cat quickly. Luna, along with Solare, had somehow grown a small bit. Luna was still slightly smaller than Solare, something that seemed to stay forever consistent.

"Cute little Luna. You know, I do not regret accidentally making tiny living cats."

"Neither do I, they're very cool to have around." Nick agreed.

"Absolutely. Anyway, Natalie is a weak bitch that I would murder and thank you for listening to my tangents."

"Of course. You're interesting to listen to, and you're a friend. And I would help you kill Natalie in a heartbeat. Say the word, skeletons will have her." Nico chuckled and smiled.

And then Will surged forward and kissed Nico.

Will pulled back almost instantly, blushing furiously and trying to put some distance between him and Nico.

"Shit, I uh, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking, we can't just act like I never-" Will started to stammer out, but Nico interrupted him. Nico grabbed Will by the front of his shirt, pulled him forward, and kissed him deeply. And they stayed there for a moment.

"If you're going to kiss me, commit to it." Nico muttered. Will was properly speechless, just staring at Nico.

"Was that just a mistake?" Nico asked quietly.

"No! No-no, it wasn't, unless you think it was and that was terrible, you just surprised me and that was really nice, and uh... I've wanted to do that for a while." Will was absolutely a stammering, blushing mess.

"Do you... Want to do that again?" Nico asked, a bit awkward. Will answered by just kissing him.

And then Piper walked in.

"That's the gayest shit I've ever seen. Two dudes, making out, while their cats cuddle nearby. I feel like throwing a pride flag on top of you." Piper snapped a picture of the two.

"Motherfucker- no more breaking in to our apartment randomly." Will told her.

"Trust me, I no longer want to break into your apartment. I'm taking your doritos and leaving, then you two can be as gay as you want." Piper stated. She stole their chips and walked out.

"I have to make sure she didn't put that picture in the groupchat-godsdamnit she put the picture in groupchat." Will groaned upon checking his phone.

"Well, since the group all has seen a picture of us kissing, we may as well continue." Nico suggested.

"...That's a great idea."