5: Typical

"First class is English. I believe around half of our whole group should be there too, so that it's a time to rendezvous." Nico explained. He and Will walked into the school, Nico leading Will to the classroom.

"Hell yeah!" Will said. Nico gave him something of an odd look. "I like writing, okay?"

It was only the second week of school. That didn't keep anyone from talking about the fact that there were new kids, though. So they walked into the classroom and sat down, and Will heard a small bit of murmuring.

"Ah, I see that the class is finally full. Hello, new students." The teacher said. That pulled the attention to the group. More than a few men and women were already staring at Percy, which wasn't too surprising. Percy just smiled and very clearly held Annabeth's hand.

Jason and Piper were holding hands too. Jason looked quite proper, like the perfect student. Piper looked more like a trouble-maker. It could be predicted that Jason would have to keep her from doing stupid stuff.

"Yo." Will said with a small wave. He wasn't much of a stranger to attention, so he had little reaction. He caught a few chicks staring at him, but that was whatever.

"Alright, let's get to today's lesson." The teacher announced. Everyone pulled their attention back to her as roll call and the rest of the period.

"We're sharing a locker." Nico told Will, standing in front of the fairly small locker. He unlocked it and showed Will how to. Will quickly unlocked and locked it himself, slammed a sun sticker on it so he'd find it easily, and they walked off to the next period.

And next period.

And the next.

And the next.

Finally, lunch! The whole gang found a longer table near the back of the sitting area, a concrete one. Piper was already writing on the table with a ritz cracker.

"Three different chicks, already. I don't get it." Percy lamented. They all had food, though it was a bunch of teenagers, so not one of them had anything remotely healthy.

"I get it. You're hot." Leo told him bluntly. Everyone chuckled, mainly agreeing. No matter who you were, you could see that Percy was attractive.

"Just remember that you're mine, seaweed brain. And that your oreos are mine, too." Annabeth stated, and promptly took a good few oreos out of his bag.

"Piper, what in the world are you drawing?" Jason asked.

"Leo! Don't set anything on fire." Frank scolded.

Will was quiet, eating as he listened to the chaos of the group. He wasn't super close to any of them, didn't quite belong in the tight-knit friend group.

"Are you single?" Someone asked him suddenly. Will actually jumped, not expecting to have anyone talk to him. He didn't recognize the girl at all.

"No?" Will answered.

"Do you wanna be not single?" She asked. Will was stunned at the bluntness, and at the fact that it was being aimed towards him.

"No? I mean, no, I don't want to date anyone. I'm alright with singleness." Will told her, a bit awkward. The girl frowned and whined.

"But you're so cute! Are you gay?" Will must've been pretty visibly uncomfortable, because Percy stepped in.

"He doesn't want to be bothered." Percy stated. He had a subtle but clear glare, which was fairly intimidating. The girl looked at Will, giggled, and walked off to her own friend group.

"What... the fuck." Will said, mostly to himself.

"The girls here seem to like flirting with absolutely no shame. You might want to get used to it, since you're not too bad looking." Percy explained.

"Great. I just didn't expect it right then, caught me off guard. Thanks for getting her to fuck off." Will said. Percy smiled.

"No problem, bro. You looked uncomfortable, I had to help." And with that, Percy was back into whatever conversation he was in before. And Will was silent yet again.

The school day ended and they all headed back to the apartment building, and into their apartments.

"Is the ukulele yours?" Nico asked, holding up a light blue uke. Will sighed and took it.

"No, but it is now. Apollo likes randomly gifting me, and the rest of my cabin, instruments. You're free to take it, if you want."

"I'm not one for singing or playing instruments, so I'll say to no that."

Will went into the bedroom, taking the ukulele with him. He didn't consider the room his, but it was somewhere somewhat private to go. He sat on the bed, practicing playing the thing, for the next hour.