Chapter Eight

"Dinner's ready" I heard my mom yelled from the kitchen. After the phone call from Ryan, I fell asleep and I just woke up. I rubbed my eyes and yawned lazily. I stood up and changed my clothes. I wore a tank top and a short jeans. I walked downstairs and Emma got out of her room. She was wearing a short jean and a black tank top just like me. As soon as we saw each other we burst out laughing.

"Twins?" she asked as we looked at each other again.

"Twins" I confirmed as we both walked to the kitchen.

"Still talking about us?" Jake asked with his usual smirk. He was still there?

"Nope" I said popping the p. I sat on the chair and Drake sat next to me. "So what are you still doing here?" I asked glaring at Jake. He put his hand over his heart and pretend being hurt.

"Nya! It is not how you talk to our guest" my mother scolded.

"Can you please tell me what you are doing here?" I asked with a British accent making my mother and Emma giggled. Just then, the door opened and Tom walked in. Everyone took place around the table.

"Sometime they eat here" Shane said as he was texting someone. I just nodded as my mother served us food and god knows how hungry I was feeling. We were all talking and joking and Jake and Drake seemed to be really close to my family. Jake wasn't his usual jerk but he seemed to love my mother and father like his own. We were all eating and I would occasionally notice Jake looking at me. Tok Tok Tok! Someone knocked on the door. Tom stood up and went to open the door. After a few minutes he walked in with a blank expression on his face. Someone was behind him and just as he moved, I saw my father. I pushed my plate forward and let my head hit the table while I groaned in frustration.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with gritted teeth.

"Behave" my mother said as she looked at me. I simply stood up to walk to my room but my father grabbed on my arm to prevent me from walking away.

"What's your problem Nya? You're acting as if I kicked you out of the house!" my father said as he pulled me in the kitchen and I sat back on the chair.

"Why are you acting as if you care?" I simply asked and he shifted uncomfortably in front of me.

"I care for you" he simply said. "I'm your father Nya" he said again.

"Then act like one!" I snapped at him and he was now furious with the tone I was using with him. "Why did you wait for me to leave your house to act like a father?" I asked as I stood up. "You never acted like a father before so quit up the act" this time I walked out of the kitchen. I ran up the stair and walked in my room. Why is my past following me? it's not that I want to forget my father but I hate the fact that he's acting so fatherly in front of my mother when he's not. I was sitting on my bed when my door opened and my mother and father walked in.

"Can I talk to her alone?" my father asked as he entered the room and my mother just nodded and took a glance of me. She walked away closing the door. My father kept silent and sat on the bed next to me. I know that he was uncomfortable.

"Nya, I know I'm not the perfect father but please forgive me" he said slowly. I simply looked at him. "I now know how you felt when I left you home to go to work. I hated it to return home and not to find you eating pop corn or pizza in front of the television" he chuckled at the thought. Yeah, every time he would return back home he would find me in front of the television. "Well what I want to say is I'm sorry" he continued looming at me.

"Dad, you know what hurt me most is that you didn't even bother to ask me to stay till you come home. You simply told me okay" I replied with now tears in my eyes.