Chapter Twenty Five

I walked back in the kitchen and sat next to Emma again. "Dad wants me to return back there for a week" I told them taking a bite of my food.

"Why?" my mom asked.

"He wants me to meet his girlfriend" I told her while chewing my food. My mother smiled. I knew that she was happy for my father. Even after their divorce they remained friends.

"Nya! What did I tell you about talking and eating at the same time?" my mom scolded making me stop chewing. I rolled my eyes and continued eating. "What are you going to do?" she asked.

"I don't know" I replied.

"Don't go" Emma told me with a frown.

"You should go" Tom interjected. "Your father misses you. Only one week he's asking" he told me. Tom was always the one to clear up my mind. I smiled and nodded.

"Well, I'll be gone for one week then" I told them.

"Jake isn't going to like it" Emma teased while chewing her food.

"What did mom say about talking and eating at the same time?" I scolded mimicking my mother's voice obtaining a glare from her.

After dinner, I walked into my room and let my body sank into the bed. How come I was that tired? I sat up and my eyes automatically moved to Jake's room. Emilie and another kid were jumping on Jake's bed. I laughed as they were jumping as if there was no tomorrow. I picked up my phone and dialed Jake's number. Two seconds later, he replied making me smile. "Yeah love" he replied.

"Do you know that there are two little monsters trashing your room?" I asked casually and then heard shuffling and running in the background. Just then, I saw Jake walking in the room and his eyes widened.

"Emilie!" Jake scolded as the two little girls looked at him amused. "Out now!" Jake said sounding exasperated. They ran out of the room and laughing at Jake's annoyed reaction. I was still holding the phone next to my ear. Jake rose his head and looked at me. He smiled and walked to his window. "You'll be going to the party Friday?" he asked as he leant against his window. I sat down and took my lyrics book.

"Yeah" I answered and tried thinking about a song to write. Currently, my mind was blocked. I couldn't write anything.

"Can I look?" Jake asked after a few minutes of complete silence.

"Nope" I answered popping the p. He playfully glared at me and I blew him a kiss. Suddenly, he started climbing on his window. "What are you doing?" I asked afraid that he'll fall.

"I need a real kiss" he simply told me now climbing on mine before jumping into my room. Without waiting a second, he pulled me to him and crashed his lips to mine. "How is it fucking possible that I've missed you that much?" he asked pulling away, his forehead resting against mine.

"You love me" I told him with a smirk as he smiled.

"Yeah, I do" he said kissing me again. I pulled away and sat on my bed and he did the same. He took my lyrics book and started reading. I wasn't afraid as I knew that he wouldn't judge my writing. His eyes widened. "You wrote these?" he asked.

"Yeah" I replied. "They're crap" I told him sincerely what I thought of the new songs I've been writing.

"No" he said still reading. "They're good. They're perfect" he told me making me smile. "Would you sing one for me?" he asked out of the blue.

"Do you realize that you just ditched your family?" I asked him as I chuckled.

"It was damn boring" he stated just as I noticed someone walking in his room. It was his mother.