Chapter Eleven: New Devotion

"Elsa! What have you done to my sister?" Anna screamed as two medical clones pushed the hovering gurney down the hallway.

Elsa was nearly covered in leads and tubes, behind them Anna was almost hysterical, this caused Rex to finally pull away from the gurney and move to take Anna in his arms.

She struggled to try and follow the gurney but Rex held her firmly by the shoulders.

"Anna stop!" He commanded over her sobbing. This got her attention, and she calmed down somewhat.

"If you don't calm down you'll end up hurting your baby, and then you'll both be in the hospital. And that's the last Elsa needs to worry about right now." He said firmly, keeping his eyes locked on hers.

Slowly her breathing began to take on normal rhythms. She reached up an rubbed her eyes dry.

"Tell me she's alright Rex, I need to know she's going to be okay." She said softly, her voice quiet but still shaking.

"She's strong Anna, she never would have gotten through life if she wasn't strong. She'll get through this the same way got through everything else." He told her, giving her a gentle hug.

Anna pulled away, gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks Rex." He blushed slightly but his expression was distracted. He snapped back when he realized the time, and the fact Anna was awake.

"Anna, go back to your room and lay down. I'll come and get you once Elsa is cleaned up." He said, lying somewhat about Elsa's condition.

For a moment it looked like Anna was going to argue, but instead she nodded her head.

Once he was sure she was actually inside his room he began to go down the hallway in search of an opportunity at vengeance...

He hadn't gone far when he heard an authority filled tone.

"Hold it Rex." He turned around to see a stern Anakin striding towards him.

"Where are you going Rex." He asked, although his face seemed to say he already knew.

"General Skywalker, I was just on my way to the war room." He explains, coming to attention.

Anakin crosses his arms and shakes his head.

"Not this time Rex, your thoughts are too clouded right now..." He begins, first Rex looks hurt. But then he tries to explain to him.

"Sir, I know I acted out of line. But it's my duty to find out who is responsible for doing this to her." He says strongly, Anakin's expression remained the same, but his eyes changed ever so slightly.

"Rex, I know what you're saying, but this is out of your league. Obi-Wan and I will handle it. You go and be with her." He ordered, his tone understanding.

Rex thought of saying something, but he just came to attention and walked towards the medical area.

Anakin turned to watch him leave, then continued on hi down way to the war room...

He was almost there when he met Obi-Wan and another Jedi Master Lima Kashaak, apparently coming from the Temple.

"Took you long enough Master." Anakin commented, his mood still angered.

"We heard what happened and the temple sent us straight out. How is the Queen?" Obi-Wan asked ignoring Anakin's comment.

"Bad shape at the moment, I don't know how bad. But I do know who has to pay." Anakin said, his voice grim.