ii. family.

IT HAD BEEN A FEW months since Captain Hook had rescued Aza from the dreaded execution that should've taken place, courtesy of the Queen of Hearts

IT HAD BEEN A FEW months since Captain Hook had rescued Aza from the dreaded execution that should've taken place, courtesy of the Queen of Hearts. She should've died, but she hadn't, all thanks to the man who jumped through the portal looking for a crew. And he'd sure found one.

Everyone knew of them now, the Enchanted Forest was abuzz with the tales of their adventures and conquests, along with their heists and robberies. Hook was the fearless leader, and Aza was the beautiful yet sneaky theif, Hook's best crew member. He couldn't afford to lose her in his line of work. And although he'd never admit it, Aza had become like a daughter to the lonely pirate. They both had much in common, seeing as they were alone in the works and had to steal to feel better about their lives.

Currently, the crew of lonely misfits aboard the Jolly Roger were listening intently to Aza as she explained the idea she'd had for their next steal. It was to be a simple pickpocketing mission, for them to be able to get out undetected. She'd had the idea the night before as she was lying in her hammock in the Captain's chambers. Being the best thief in the crew gave her a high authority, so Hook had allowed her to share the living space with him, secretly wanting to keep her safe. She'd been laying down, staring at the wooden posts along the ceiling that held up the top deck.

Now, she stood in front of the crew, standing on the highest point of the deck, right next to Hook who was steering the ship. "There is a town in the Enchanted Forest where we can dock the ship. From there, a few of us will go into the town, to the most popular bar. Hook will distract everyone by telling them a story, a few of you will be disguised as normal villagers and ask questions to keep the story going."

The crew nodded along, listening to her words, a few of them showing confused looks. They weren't the brightest bunch, considering that Aza was the brains of the operation. "While everyone is distracted and busy listening to the Captain, I will be going through the crowd, picking pockets for anything that we can sell for a decent amount of money." She continued, smiling to Hook who was smirking at the young girl's plan. "Everyone got it?" The whole crew nodded furiously, knowing that she got frustrated when they didn't understand her plans, as most of them were as simple as they could get. She dismissed them, allowing them to go back to their jobs around the ship as she turned to Hook, a proud smile on his face.

"How ever do you come up with your elaborate schemes?" He mocked, his eyes lighting up with laughter. She playfully glared, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, ha ha. How ever do you come up with your terrible attempts at mockery?" It was Hook's turn to roll his eyes. "This plan isn't one of my best, but it'll do for now. I just hope we get something good. Just don't pick up any women like last time." Her attempt at a joke was ill, for the Captain was sensitive about the topic. A few months back, they'd gone to a bar in the Enchanted Forest to relax and spread the stories of their adventures. While there, Hook had met a woman named Mila. They'd fallen in love soon after, and Mila had joined the group of misfit robbers and pirates at Hook's request, apparently leaving behind her son and husband.