iv. music.

AZA WOKE UP LATER THAN she usually would the next day, smiling to herself when she realized half of the day had already passed and it was now past midday

AZA WOKE UP LATER THAN she usually would the next day, smiling to herself when she realized half of the day had already passed and it was now past midday. She rolled off of her hammock, placing her feet on the ground before walking up the small steps in the room that led to the deck, opening the wooden door to find Hook and the crew bustling about.

"Why didn't you wake me?" She asked as she appeared beside him, pushing him slightly so that she could steer the ship. Hook had only ever let her do that, because he trusted no one as much as he trusted the young girl. He knew she was loyal and would never lead them into trouble.

"You needed rest and the crew was already up. Better to let you sleep then wake you up to do a job someone else could handle." He shrugged as he explained to her, standing beside the girl. She just nodded, focusing on where she was going. "You're going to keep straight until we get further away from the dock, then we'll use the magic bean."

Aza's eyebrows furrowed, "when did we acquire a magic bean?" She couldn't recall a when they had stolen or bought one from a merchant, so how would they have one. Perhaps he had gotten it during the Mila incident.

"A couple years ago, Mila gave it to me." He frowned, watching as the young girl he saw as his own blood steered the ship, her hands on the wooden wheel. His face brightened again however, when he realized that he had something to give her. "The ship is steady for now, follow me." He walked away, Aza following him reluctantly. The two walked down to their chambers yet again, and Aza walked in to see Hook holding a wooden guitar. She'd been wanting one for a while now, but she never thought she'd get it.

"Oh, my God, how did you get this?" She took it from his hands, strumming it slowly and humming a small tune. She'd been taught by her brother years ago how to play before he'd been killed.

"I know your birthday is coming up and I also know that your brother taught you when you were little. I went out last night after you went to sleep." He explained, sitting down on the chair in the corner and nodding to the guitar, "sing something." She rolled her eyes, laughing lightly as she played the amazing instrument.

Upon one summer's morning, I carelessly did stray
Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay
Conversing with a young lass, who seem'd to be in pain
Saying, William, when you go, I fear you will ne'er return again
My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing that can console me, but my jolly sailor bold.

She stopped playing and let her voice quiet, the song ending. She set the guitar down, smiling at Hook who was clapping slowly, a smug look on his face. "I told Smee you were a good singer." He laughed before his face gained a serious look again. "Come on, we must go to Neverland!"

"Off to Neverland," Aza muttered, following him out of the room and back up to the top deck. She helped the older man steer the ship, as he pulled the magic bean out of his pocket, inspecting it carefully before throwing it into the open ocean, laughing to himself in victory when the portal opened.

Aza steered towards it, the ship rocking from side to side as the current pulled them into the vortex. A whirlwind of green smoke surrounded them, the boat seeming to fly in midair through the portal before the smoke faded and the boat fell back into the water, this time with a large island ahead of them.

"Wow," Aza spoke, her breath caught in her throat. The island was beautiful, the green trees covering most, if not all of the land. A small lagoon could be seen near the beach, and a large rock that seemed to be in the shape of a skull could be seen in the distance. "This is Neverland?"

"Aye, that it is." Hook said, nodding slowly as his eyes stayed glued to the land, his face emotionless. It was dark outside however, making it harder to see any of the less vibrant colors. The sun was barely visible behind the island and a dark shade of blue was present among the clouds.

Aza's ears perked up when she heard a splash from the side of the boat, running over to the edge and peering down, her eyes landing on a body. It seemed to be a boy, a red robe draped around his body. Aza shined the light on him, calling to the crew to bring her a rope.

She tossed the looped end of it into the water, pulling it around the boy who was floating face down, his lungs probably filled with water by now. She pulled him up to the deck, letting his body collapse on the wooden floors as he coughed up everything from his lungs.

"Good lad, get the see out of your lungs." Hook said from beside Aza, Smee on his other side. The boy looked up at the three people in front of them, his eyes holding sadness. "Cheshire, take him to my room and get him a towel and clean clothes."

The girl nodded, helping the brunet up and throwing his arm over her shoulder as they staggered to the lower deck, going into the captain's chambers. "What's your name?" The boy's quiet voice asked as he stood nearby while Aza dug through the drawers for a towel.

"Cheshire." She answered numbly. "What's yours?"

"Baelfire." The boy stated as he grabbed the towel from her outstretched hand, wrapping it around his body and sitting down on the bed in the corner. "Why are you helping me? I thought pirates only cared for themselves..."

"You've much to learn from Captain Hook then." Aza snickered, laying back in her hammock. "Not everyone is as they seem."

"What are you doing with the likes of pirates anyway? You don't seem to be one yourself."

"I might not be a pirate, but I'm just as bad as them. I steal, I bring harm to others." She said, "I'm with them, because I owe Hook my life. He's the closest thing to family I've got at this point and I wouldn't trade what I have for anything."

"Family is overrated anyway," Baelfire sneered, eyeing the guitar in the corner. "Do you play?" He nodded to the instrument, earning a nod from Aza in response. "My mother played once, it was amazing. Can I hear you sing?"

"Maybe another time, Baelfire." She said as she stood and walked to the door, "I'm sure the Captain would like to speak to you." With that, she left the room, walking back to the upper deck. "His name is Baelfire, he has nothing in his pockets and he obviously has some sort of family issues because according to him, 'family is overrated'."

"Good work, Aza," Hook whispered lowly, starting to walk off before being stopped by Smee.

"Cap'n, what if he belongs to Him?" He asked, his voice holding fear and worry. "What do you think we'll do when he comes looking for the boy?"

"I'm sorry, who's Him?" Aza asked, laughing a bit to herself.

"The boy is the so called 'king' of this island. He's powerful, he practically has an army at his beck and call." Smee answered.

She laughed. "So we're supposed to be scared of a boy?"

"He's might look like a boy, but he is ruthless." A new voice said, making her head snap in the direction of a boy in a dark brown cloak. He stood on the edge of the ship, a wooden club in his hand. Out of instinct, Aza's hand went to her sword, pulling it from the sheath in her belt and holding it to the boy's neck. "Easy there, sweetheart."

They are finally in Neverland!!! Yay!

Pan should be in the next chapter. Maybe...? Don't hold me to it, but I'm hoping to add him within the next couple chapters.

Comment and enjoy your reading!!!

xoxo,

Gray;)