iii. heist.

THE JOLLY ROGER CAME TO a slow stop in the water, docking itself in the small boat yard

THE JOLLY ROGER CAME TO a slow stop in the water, docking itself in the small boat yard. It was the biggest ship around, no one else being able to afford such a vessel. Aza jumped over the edge, landing on the wooden platform of the dock. Smee tossed her one end of the rope and watched as she tied it tightly around the cleat on the dock. Once it was secure, she did the same further down the boat, being cautious. When she finished, she jumped up, her hands latching on the edge of the ship. She pulled herself up, swinging her legs over the side one after the other and landing steadily on the deck.

"It's secure. We only have a few hours to get in and out without anyone noticing what we're up to. We leave for the bar and sundown." She explained, earning grunts and thumbs ups in response. Everyone went back to doing their activities in preparation, a few men putting on better clothing than what they'd originally had. They had roughly an hour until sundown, leaving barely enough time to get everything ready.

The girl went back down to her chambers, telling a random crew member to wake her up when it was time to leave. She was planning on taking a nap, for she had gotten little sleep the previous night due to her dreams of the green eyed boy. They hadn't spoken in her dream, but he was there, and it was enough to make her uneasy. Her plans of sleeping were throttled though, for her eyes couldn't stay closed, her hand shaking in anticipation and nervousness. She has no idea how much time had passed before she just gave up.

Aza sat up in her hammock, staring out of the small window like hole that allowed her to see the people on the dock bustling about, probably working. She noticed a small market, a young boy standing with his mother as she paid for a few apples, putting them in a basket she carried. After she'd paid, the woman picked up her son in her arms, smiling cheerfully at him as they walked away, probably going home to see her husband and the boy's father. Without realizing, Aza's face turned into a small smile, but quickly fell when the people were out of sight.

"Hey," she heard a familiar accent say, turning to see Captain Hook himself. "We have to go in a few minutes. You ready?" Aza smirked and nodded her head, reluctantly standing to meet him at the door. The two walked up to the top deck, the rest of the crew waiting for them. "It's time lads." Hook stayed, earning cheers in response. The pirates had always had a habit of getting excited for everything, even little pickpocketing jobs such as this one.

Aza was the first to leave the ship, walking down a small platform until she was met with the flat, wooden ground of the dock. She began to lead the way to the bar, earning skeptical looks from some people because of the crew behind her. Hook stood closely by her side, studying his surroundings as well. He nearly bumped into the young girl when she stopped abruptly. They had arrived at a small building with a wooden door. They could hear the crowd talking amongst themselves inside, probably talking about how annoying their husbands and wives were.

Aza nodded her head to the entrance and the crew walked in, stopping all conversation. The young girl quickly made herself invisible, walking in behind the pirates. The group immediately went to the bar and ordered drinks, then they sat at an unoccupied table, beginning the plan. A few of the crew members- the ones who'd been disguised as villagers sat at a different table.