vi. magic.

"CAPTAIN, WHY IS BAELFIRE still aboard the Jolly Roger?" Smee asked as he walked up to Hook while he steered the ship

"CAPTAIN, WHY IS BAELFIRE still aboard the Jolly Roger?" Smee asked as he walked up to Hook while he steered the ship. Knowing this conversation would turn heated, Hook pointed to the helm, silently telling Aza to steer. She nodded, grabbing the wood as the two older men walked away. Aza tunes them out, humming the tune to a song as her mind drifted to the strange dreams she had.

She snapped out of her daze when Baelfire emerged from below deck, opening the hatch and stepping out of it. "Hey, Bae," Aza said, smiling at him until she noticed the sword in his hand as he swung at Hook.

"Face me villain!" He shouted, making Aza almost laugh at how stupid he sounded. Hook took a step back, asking what was wrong."I found this," he held up a sketch of Mila from a few months back, "on your desk!" Aza's eyes widened and she pulled Smee towards the helm, allowing him to steer as she walked over to Bae and Hook. "How'd you get it? How?!" He swung the sword at Hook once more, shouting, "you're the pirate that killed her!" The man blocked the sword with his metal hook, throwing the sword to the ground with a clatter of metal on wood.

"I didn't kill your mother," Hook stated, his voice cracking slightly, Aza noticing the pained expression on his face. "We fell in love, and we ran off together. Your father lied to you, he was too much of a coward to tell you the truth. He tore her heart out and crushed it right in front of me. I've spent every moment since then wanting revenge."

"She abandoned me?" Baelfire asked, watching as Aza left the deck, going to the room on the lover level of the ship and sitting on her hammock, looking at the open porthole before facing the ceiling and humming a tune to herself.

"It's a beautiful song, the one you're singing." She heard a voice, making her lurch to the side and fall to the floor with a thud. She quickly hopped up, dusting off her clothes to face who had spoken. A boy stood by the porthole, his light brown hair falling in front of his eyes, his green clothing sticking out in the drab room. "I didn't mean to startle you, love." The accent in what gave him away to her, making her eyes widen as she recognized his voice.

"You're him." She said, "the boy in my dreams." She walked towards him, reaching a hand out to touch him, her hand cupping his cheek as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "How are you here?"

"I knew I recognized you." He said, "you were in mine as well, and when I heard your voice I just had to find you. And I did." He grabbed her hand, pulling it away from his face.

"Cheshire!" A voice shouted from the deck above the two. "Come up here!" Aza rolled her eyes, turning back to Peter.

"I have to go." She released his hand, walking to the door and stopping before she opened it. "When will I see you again?"

"Whenever you sleep, love."

She smiled lightly before opening the door and leaving, shutting it behind her. Peter smirked to himself as he abandoned the ship, his mind occupied with thoughts of her voice. Aza made her way to the upper deck, her smile fading and now replaced with her cold stare that she usually held.

"What?" She asked the crew member that had interrupted her and Peter.

"Nothing, Captain just-" he started, only to be cut off by Hook himself.

"Baelfire has asked that we let him leave the ship, you are on first watch once the sun is down." It was sunset now, meaning she had a few minutes until she was one watch.

Once the sky had completely darkened and the rest of the crew had gone to bed, Hook, Bae and Aza were the last ones awake. Hook was talking to Baelfire at the edge of the ship, speaking quietly while Aza played her guitar in the corner. She mumbled a small tune that her father had sung to her long ago, one that stuck with her through the years.

She only stopped once she heard other footsteps on the ship. Her head snapped up, seeing three boys walking towards Baelfire who was glaring harshly at Hook as they took him away.

"You have the boy," Hook said, "He will be pleased?" The boy with a scar along his face didn't answer but simply turned around, jumping into the small ship with his other boys. The small boat rocked back and forth as it sailed away, Aza watching Bae leave her sights.

"You just let them take him?" She turned to Hook, narrowing her eyes at him.

"He didn't want to be here. I got us passage off of the island when we want to leave." Hook responded, leaving the deck to go to bed. Aza just rolled her eyes, scoffing as she sat on the edge of the ship, staring at the silhouette of the island in the distance.

"It's not safe to sit on the edge, you know?" The British voice filled her ears, a smirk crossing her lips.

"It's not safe to sneak up on people sitting on the edge, you know?" She retorted, turning to face him, seeing the ghost of a smile on his face. He almost looked unnatural smiling. "You don't smile often, do you?"

"I wouldn't say I never do, but I can't show weakness." He answered, staying still in his spot as she stood up.

"Happiness isn't weakness, it's merely a way of life, an adventure if you will." Aza stated, walking behind him as he whirled around on his heel to catch a glimpse of her just before she disappeared. His eyes searched frantically for her, a laugh escaping him as he did so.

She poked him in the shoulder, a giggle escaping her as she messed with him. He grabbed her arm, making her reappear in front of him, a full smirk on her face.

"How did you do that? Magic?" Peter asked, intrigued.

"It's a gift, my mother made me like this." She said, his hand letting go of her wrist as they stepped away from each other. They conversed for a while after that, their eyes always focused on each other. Aza sang a song for him, playing on her guitar while she vocalized, Peter in a trancelike state as he listened.

Aza knew her time for watch would be over soon, so she began to say goodbye. And just before she left the deck to go to bed, she faced him again. "I never got your name."

Peter argued with himself over telling her or not, but decided to anyway. "It's Peter. Peter Pan."

"Nice to meet you, Peter, I'm Aza." And with that she left, going down the stairs to her hammock. Peter stood still, listening to her retreating footsteps with the name ringing in his head.

Aza, he thought, what a great name for such an interesting girl.

Yay! New chapter! I'm sorry it took so long. I've been super busy with sports for school and homework. Plus my parents just had a baby so it's hectic.

Comment and keep reading!

xoxo,

Gray;)