viii. heart.

PAN KNEW THAT SHE WAS mad, angry, infuriated by his lies

PAN KNEW THAT SHE WAS mad, angry, infuriated by his lies. He could see it in her eyes with just one glance at them. He'd wanted her to see him as an innocent boy that she could trust, not a demon that had taken the boy she'd seen as family.

They stood in silence, his hand wrapped around her forearm tightly, keeping her in place. Neither knew what to say, so they were left in their thoughts while they stared at one another in the dull light of the room. Peter's mind races with ways to explain himself while Aza's brain swirled with thoughts of her stupidity.

She'd been dumb enough to trust the boy and give him her name in their first meeting. She scolded herself internally, wishing she'd kept to herself that night. But she hadn't.

"I'm sorry." Peter finally spoke, the words were quiet, as if he'd barely whispered them but he'd actually spoken quite loudly. "I didn't know how much he meant to you." It was a lie. He'd known, Aza knew he'd known.

"Yes, you did. I just have one question; why? Why him? There are so many other people that could've been taken, why choose Bae?" She responded, pulling her wrist form his grasp. He rolled his eyes at her question, taking a step back.

"It doesn't concern you." He answered as he watched her carefully, a plan forming in his head. He couldn't let her hate him.

Aza scoffed, spinning around and opening the door, walking out. "Where are you going?" Pan's voice asked and she turned slightly to give him a glare.

"It doesn't concern you." She mocked him, walking away in fury. She was extremely angry and wanted nothing more to do with the green-eyed boy. The same couldn't be said for Pan, he still wanted everything to do with the redheaded girl. He sighed loudly before turning back to the inside of the room, his back now to the door.

Aza marched up to the top deck, her eyes set in a glare that anyone who saw her flinched at. The crew looked at her in confusion, mumbling under their breaths, but she kept going, never sparing a single glance. Her eyes held fire, a dangerous glow in them that could only have been seen by someone looking close enough.

She finally stepped onto the deck, breathing in the fresh air loudly, her shoulders rising slightly. The sun had set by now, the darkness of the night setting her at ease. Only one person remained on the deck; Hook, and when he saw her, he walked off, knowing that she wanted silence around her. Her legs hung over the boat as she sat on its edge, her red hair matted to her shoulders.

As she thought over her conversation with Peter, scoffs and sighs of annoyance left her mouth uncontrollably. They were loud enough for Peter- who stood behind her on the other edge of the ship- to hear. He sat behind her hatching a plan, thinking of ways to get her to trust him again. But he had nothing, for he knew the only way was to give them Baelfire back. He couldn't do that.

"Aza," he finally spoke, tapping her shoulder lightly. She spun around to face him, nearly falling off of the ship but catching herself at the last second on the wood. "Please let me ex-"