Cornered

This chapter is in Ravens POV.

I run, tears streaming down my face. I hear Beast Boy shout into his communicator. I run faster. I run until my legs ache. Every once in a while something breaks around me. My thoughts are to jumbled to use my powers so I wait until I hear Beast Boy  give up. Once I couldn't hear his feet hit against the ground I go to hide.

I find a coffee shop and I put my hood up and enter (she's still wearing what I described but her appearance changed in case you forgot). I approach the counter to order some tea. A young guy, probably 17, is working at the register.

"What do you want?"he very rudely asks.

"First, I want an attitude change and then I'll take a herbal tea,"I reply as calm as possible.

"You don't tell me what to do,"he snapped.

"Do you want me to make you?"I ask trying to sound as innocent as I can.

"Yeah right, princess," he smirks.

"I'm no princess, my friend is though. I'm the opposite of a princess, I'm a demon,"I say pulling him closer by his shirt using my magic. "You understand?"I say forcefully as he nods his head as fast as humanly possible.

I let go of his shirt and let him get my drink ready as I walk over to a seat far away from the other people. I open the book that caused me to reveal my identity. After a few chapters the guy from the register hands me my tea very scared. I grab my drink and continue to read my book. He runs away leaving me to myself. I look up from my book a couple of times to see people with hoods up in multiple seats. They start to make me nervous so I stand up to head out the door to get stopped by one of the hood figures.

Soon I'm surrounded."You don't want to pick I fight with me,"I warn.

They lower their hoods to reveal the Titans all around me.

"Friend Raven please come the back with us," Star pleads.

"I'm sorry but I don't want him to hurt you,"I reply trying to hide my emotions.

"Who? Slade? We can protect you from him,"Robin bargains.

"He's the least of my worries."

"Who could be worst than Slade?"Beast Boy asks.

"You have no idea."

"I told you this is a waste of time,"Terra grunted.

"If you were me you would be terrified of what's to come,"I try to explain.

"You deserve whatever's gonna happen traitor,"she barked.

"I'm sorry, I thought if I went with Slade I might die before the prophecy could commense,"I blurt.

"Wait, hold up what prophecy?"Cyborg asks staring at me confused.

"When I turn 16 something bad is supposed to happen,"I told him.

"So when's your birthday?" Beast Boy questions.

I look down at my feet and say one word,"Tomorrow."