Communication?

Zatara's Pov

Raven is so beautiful, she makes me crazy. When she said she wanted to try to communicate with her mom I immediately followed her to her room. On my way out of the living room I saw Garfield clench his fists.

I began to mutter,"evig dleifraG a eigdew." ('Give Garfield a wedgie' for those non fluent backward speakers)

As we exited I heard my name yelled.

"Zachary, you shouldn't pick on Beast Boy," Raven spoke.

"Why take his side?" I asked trying not to sound disrespectful to the pretty black bird.

"He might be... Annoying sometimes, but he can also be very sweet," she responded not looking back to face me.

"He shouldn't mess with you," I say stopping. (Okay quick pause, I have been watching Naruto lately and this chapter sounds like an basic anime scene. Just my thoughts, let's continue the story)

"He...he is just trying to make me happy which I understand. I have been dealt a shitty life and I don't let anyone see my reactions to it, he just wants a hint that I'm still... Sane,"she admitted.

"Why wouldn't you be?" I questioned as she stopped.

"I have been on the brink of sanity multiple times. I have lost control of myself which leads to drastic events and I almost lost my sanity completely when I joined Slade. He just wants to make sure I still feel," she answered still avoiding my eyes.

"Raven, you don't need him though. I can help you with that," I offered.

"Thank you but I don't think I can handle all of this," she motioned at my body.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" I yell.

"It means you aren't my type," Raven said coldly while she began to walk again.

I silently followed until we reached her room.

"Ladies first," she offered sarcastically.

I enter only to be greeted by darkness.

"Um... Nice place you got," I lie.

"To intense?" She taunted.

"What? No! Let's contact your mom now," I changed the subject.

"Okay, first we must join hands then chant 'Azarath Metrion Zinthos', you can do it backwards if you want."

I nod as she grasped my hand sending a shock through my body. A image of Raven seared into my head. She had red skin with long black hair and 4 eyes. She was surrounded by dead bodies. The Titans.

I take my hand back as she looked at me with curiosity

I take my hand back as she looked at me with curiosity. Is she thinking of how to kill me?

"Are you okay?" she tilted her head.

"Pl-lease d-d-don't hurt me!" I shout pushing her to the ground as I ran out the door.

I bumped into the team," So did you make contact with friend Raven's mother?" Kori asked.

"Uhh...."

"No, we didn't," Raven teleported in.

"Are you okay Raven? You look bothered," Richard interrogated.

"Just took a lot of energy to attempt to reach Arella," she lied as she glanced.

"Well, would you like some herbal tea Rae?" Garfield offered.

"I'm good, I think I will go to the roof to meditate."

"Shall I join you friend?" Koriand'r asked.

"No, I wouldn't want to hurt anyone," the half demon replied quietly.

She floated away as Garfield began to talk,"What did you say?" He questioned angrily.

"I will not work with such an evil person!" I argued.

"What! She is not evil! She might be related to Trigon's but that doesn't define her!" he stormed away.