Adjusting

Raven reluctantly went with us in the car. She sat in the passenger seat while Cy drove. I had my arm around Terra and Star sat beside us. Robin used his R-cycle to get back to the Tower.

"Friend Raven, how did you get turned back to the flesh,"Star asked in her usual accent.

"I think it has to do with my father, he needs me to be alive for my birthday,"she replied quietly.

"Who actually is your father, is he the Devil,"Terra smirked.

"Yes, my father is Trigon,"Raven said staring at her hands.

"Wait so your mom f*cked that thing,"Terra said laughing as I elbow her.

"Friend Raven is not described by other but by herself,"Star interjected.

"Oh so we judge her by how she acts huh? Well didn't she betray us,"Terra hissed.

"She did save us at the end,"I whispered.

"Oh! So You're Taking Her Side?"Terra's voice rising.

"No-no y-you're my girlfriend I'm always on your side,"I stuttered.

"Whatever,"Terra rolled her eyes.

The car became silent as Raven tried not to make eye contact with any of us. In a few minutes we arrived at the tower. I look at my watch to see it was 10:41.

Everyone exited the car and headed indoors. We entered the living room to see Robin already there.

"Where will I be staying?"Raven asked still not raising her head.

"What do you mean Rae?"Cyborg questioned.

"Well it's obvious you didn't save my room, you probably turned it into a storage room."

"Well you're wrong, for some strange reason they kept it exactly how it was,"Terra said with dismay.

"Okay,"she shuffled off towards her room.

"Why do we have to keep her,"Terra said treating Raven as if she was a stray.

"Terra will you leave friend Raven alone,"Star made extra careful not to say friend in front of Terra's name.

Starfire didn't enjoy Terra's company ever since Raven's sacrifice. Terra would always comment about Raven like no one cared when everyone really did care.

"If I were the one to leave and come back I would get welcomed back with a parade she's lucky she got a her old room,"Terra snaps.

"Terra can I talk to you alone,"I ask.

I pull her away into the hall.

"Can you tone it down a little?"I beg.

"Why she's a traitor?"

"Just try and be nice to her,"I plead.

"Fine, I'll do it for you Beasty,"she gives in.

"Thank you,"I kiss her cheek and head towards the shower.

After my shower I head to my room to get dressed. On my way Raven walks past me,"Can you put a shirt on because I doubt anyone wants to see that."

I smirk at her and she rolls her eyes and walks away. I quickly get dressed and enter the kitchen to grab an apple to find Raven there not knowing what to do.

"Need help?"Raven jumped causing a bag of chips to burst.

She calmed herself down and and glared at me,"I'm looking for any type of tea to calm my mind so I can sleep."

"Hmm.... We have coffee,"I suggest.

"Yeah that'll help,"she says sarcasticly."I thought you started drinking herbal tea."

"I get it hot from the gas station."

"Whatever, I'll just have to go to sleep without it,"she says leaving.

"Oh it's 12 o'clock, happy birthday!"I say making her rush faster to her room.