Zatara

Raven was very quiet this morning until Robin walked in.

"Robin, how am I supposed to contact my mother when I used most of my energy yesterday?" She asked impatiently.

"I figured you would say that so I called someone in," he responded.

"Can they work magic?" She asked.

"Yes," Robin answered.

"Is it Zatanna?" I butt in excitedly.

"Close," Dick provided.

It hit me as I groaned," Not him."

Robin nodded as Raven asked another question," Who?"

"Zatara, Zatanna's little cousin," the boy wonder informed.

"We did the meeting when you were..." Star, who I forgot was here, trailed off.

"Oh," Rae said quietly.

"He is a jerk," I continued.

"He can't be that bad," Raven assured herself.

"Ehh, BB is right he can be iffy," Cy, who I also forgot was here, agreed with me.

"Whatever, when is he getting here?" She changed the subject.

"Hmm... Any seco-" Robin was cut off by the doorbell.

"Why did he teleport here?" Raven asked skeptically.

"He isn't so good at doing magic on humans," he replied as we made our way to ground level.

Raven opened the door to be greeted by Zatara.

"So you're Zatara? You look more like a party magician," Rae commented in her usual monotone voice.

"Well that's a part time job," he replies scratching his head with a smile. He's acting weird.

"Okay, whatever, so can you help send a message to my mother?" She said stone faced.

"Yeah, but let's do it alone," he replied.

"Fine, it'll be easier if there is no one around anyways."

"Okay let's go," Zatara urged.

"Now? Zatara let's wait a little," Raven reasoned.

"Yeah, you're right and you can call me Zachary," he agreed.

"Hey can I call you Zach?" I asked.

"No, you can call me Zatara."

"That does not seem the fair, why can friend Raven call you Zachary but we cannot?" Starfire asked in her alien accent.

"Well... She should know my name if we are going to do magic together, right?" He tried to convince us.

"Well Zach, do you want some waffles?" I put my arm around him as I said his name.

"Waffles? Seriously, I'm not five."

"That's a shame 'cause that's Raven's favorite, right Rae?" I smirked.

"Yeah," she said emotionlessly.

"Oh, well I haven't had a waffle in forever so I'd be willing to eat some," he clearly lied.

"I don't want you seem like a little kid," Rae said sarcastically as Zach turned red.

"I'm going to make some herbal tea," Raven headed upstairs.

"Wait! You don't have to go upstairs, I can get you tea," Zatara burst out loud.

"Okay, then do it," Rae crossed her arms.

"Ekam labreh eat rof nevaR!" He raised his wand and a cup of tea appeared right on top of Raven, spilling all over her.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized as I laughed at Rae's annoyed look.

"Naelc ffo nevaR!"

"Wait I thought you weren't good with hum-" she was cut off by a giant explosion right where she was standing.

"Raven!" I yell out.

The smoke cleared to reveal I black forcefield around a ticked off Rae.

"Oops," was all Zachary could say.

"Can you please just save the magic for when we need it," Raven said trying to keep her cool.