F I V E

Madi
I stood there as my parents stared down at me.

"Where were you?!" my dad snapped.

"At Brooke's..." I said and they gasped.

"You were with that filthy greaser?! We already let her filthy self into our house and you go into hers?! A house full of grease?! Oh my God!" my mom shrieked.

"She isn't dirty! If anything she's the nicest one I've seen and doesn't deserve your crap!" I snapped.

"She's reckless, dirty, and a disgrace. She would maybe be a little better if her sick grease parents didn't die" she said and I snapped.

"YOU DON'T GET TO TALK ABOUT THEM LIKE THAT?! THEY WERE AND STILL ARE GOOD PEOPLE!" I yelled angrily.

"Young lady, keep your voice down," my dad said and I flipped him off.

"You and her mom used to be really good friends and still are. That is until she died..." I said sadly.

My mother scoffed rolling her eyes.

"Pity the backseat. They're grease and that's all they will be. Greasers are terrible and they suck" she barked and I shook my head.

"LIAR! Haven't you thought maybe they are the way they are because they fear for what us Socs will do to them?!" I snapped.

"Your friend is one of the biggest greasy sluts in the universe. I mean come on, she hangs out with 7 guys" my dad said rolling his eyes.

"What now?! Are you gonna judge her for dating Dallas Winston?!" I snapped forgetting they didn't know that.

"WHAT?!" they yelled and I froze.

"That's it! I don't want you to be friends with those greasers anymore! They're bad for you and since you can't keep yourself in check we have arranged a marriage for you"

"What? I'm 17..." I said in shock and they shook their heads.

"No ifs ands or buts," my dad said.

"But I can't" I squeaked out.

"Why?"

"BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH SODAPOP!" I screamed and everything froze.

"WHAT?!" they screamed and I ran out. I ran out of there fast not turning back. How could they?

-
When I reached The Curtis's I collapsed to the ground and into tears. Soda looked at me but walked away. I guess he was still upset.

"You know Brooke is dating Dallas!" I snapped and he stopped.

"What?"

"You called your own sister a slut without realizing it..."

He stood there frozen in place till he looked at her room then back at me.

"I forgot" he whispered and I could see the hurt on his face. He walked over but I stopped him.

"She's asleep," I said quietly and he nodded.

We both ended up on the couch. The others left to leave us alone and Darry probably needed to think about the situation with Brooke. God the mess I've made. I sat there when Soda put a hand on my shoulder.

"Why were you crying?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Forced marriage," I said quietly.

"So, how are you and Sandy?" I asked even though I didn't want to know.

"I'm gonna marry her," he said taking out a ring.

"That's great I'm happy for you," I said with a fake smile. To be honest I was devastated.

Hours later and the guys returned. They all surrounded us but Darry went into Brooke's room. Moments later he came out and I got really worried for what might happen but I didn't hear any smashing so I assumed it went well.

"Darry, are you mad at her?" I asked him and he shook his head not looking up.

"She looks happy and he looks happy. As long as they stay like that I don't care but if he hurts her that's a different situation" he said and I nodded.

The rest of the day we sat watching Mickey. Why I don't know but I didn't feel like complaining so I fell asleep.

Sodapop
We were watching Mickey when Madi fell asleep. Her head ended up on my lap and I played with her hair. God what this girl was doing to me. Did I love her or did I love Sandy? What am I gonna do?