T W E L V E

Madi
I woke up curled next to Soda. I was confused a little but remembered what happened a little bit ago. I shook my head and walked to the door when he woke up.

"Madi, where are you going?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I'm going to the living room," I said and he frowned.

"But I want you with me," he said softly and I shook my head again.

"Soda, you don't love me..." I said quietly and he was about to argue but I quickly walked out leaving him alone.

-
I entered the living room to see Brooke lying on top of Dallas and him playing with her hair. I sat down on the arm of the couch and looked at them with a small smile.

"What happened?" I asked and he shrugged lightly and kissed her head.

"Why didn't you fight back? What happened?" I asked again and he sighed.

"At first Bob kept saying she was a slut and that she was only with me because that's all she can get cause she's ugly but then he stopped and had this grin on his face. He told me she never loved me and I never loved her. He kept telling me how I didn't deserve her and that she deserved better, nicer, better looking, and richer than me. Someone who's not a grease. Someone with an education and someone who's smart. Then he said that I couldn't even be with her for a full day before I cheated. I knew he was right...I didn't deserve her and I needed to let her go so I let go letting him hurt me. I thought maybe if I died she would be free. She hates me anyway. Once I'm fine she's gonna be fine and leave me again so I'm enjoying every single moment" he said playing with her hair again and the whole time he didn't take his eyes off her.

"You really care for her don't you?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I haven't felt this way toward a girl in my entire life. She's something different" he said and slipped his hand in hers.

"I think she'll forgive you," I said and he shook his head.

"She won't but I'm okay with that...as long as we stay friends at least," he said smiling sadly.

I just looked at him and her. She made him soft.

"How are you and Soda? You two together?" he asked with a raised brow.

"We were...I broke up with him a little bit ago"

"Why?" he asked confused.

"He doesn't love me. He's also not thinking straight because of the whole Sandy situation. He's not truly over her. Plus I'm a Soc. It would never work" I said with a small shrug.

He didn't say anything just nodded slowly. The door opened and I saw a look of worry on Dally's face.

"Don't slam the door!" he yelled but they didn't listen. Two ended up slamming the door and Brooke jolted up and Dallas let out a groan.

Brooke was freaking out because of her anxiety and I saw Dallas sit up and hug her. He sent a glare at Two who looked upset.

"Well...hey?" I said awkwardly.

Dallas ended up taking Brooke to her room and Soda soon came out seeing the whole gang. He couldn't even look at me.

"So, where did you all go?"

"Dingo" Darry replied and I nodded.

The past few hours got boring and when we heard smashing not soon after Dallas ended up coming out with a sad look. Once he sat down I got up going into Brooke's room to talk.

-
When I got to Brooke's room, I sat down on her bed and slapped her.

"Hey!" she snapped and I shook my head.