19

time written ; 01:31 amtime finished 00;32 am

time finished 00;32 am

CHAPTER NINETEEN
—            —

"yang jeongin? I'll start looking."

"thank you."

"of course."

changbin slipped his phone into his pocket and immediately started running around. he heard woojin sometimes talk about him, but the tone in the older's voice seemed serious.

seo changbin, seventeen years old (almost eighteen) who works in the student council with woojin. it would seem surprising due to his appearance, but his backstory is quite cliche.

changbin use to skip school and smoke cigarettes. he would not care about anyone except himself.

until he met woojin.

woojin was a always a polite soul. he would cry if he accidentally stepped on a flower.

and that's how they actually met. well, somewhat like that.

woojin was walking around campus during their third period class. he always ensured that kids were in their rooms, but he found one in particular.

he was sitting outside, on a bench with a cigarette in his hand. inhaling in the dirty air, he blowed it out. the boy noticed woojin and just gave him a rude look.

typical. woojin thought, he knew there were at least a couple bad bad apples at their school. woojin slowly coming up to him, he sat next to the smoker.

"hey, what you doing out here?" woojin questioned, trying not to breathe in the smoke.

"smoking, what else?"

"well—" woojin started out, he took away the cigarette and threw it onto the floor. squishing it, he smiled at the unknown boy. "cigarettes are bad for your health."

"your lecture and words won't make a difference."

"if you listen, maybe it will make a difference." he sternly told.

changbin shut his mouth, "why do you care? mr.—"

"woojin. kim woojin, im the council president?"

"oh, you're a goodie two shoes. what? you're gonna write me a citation or—"

"actually. I just wanted to talk." woojin bluntly told. "why are you smoking? answer me."

"because it relieves me. is that a problem?"

"well a lot of things can relieve you rather than smoking. it is a problem, your health, underage, plus you're on school property."

"does it look like I care?"

"does it look like I need your attitude right now?" as woojin chuckled, "come on dude. disrespect isn't what people want."

changbin rolled his eyes, before saying anything. he got cut off by woojin again. "you wanna test me? try. say that I don't care, say that my words are useless. I dare you."

"fine then—"

"oops. guess we got no more time." woojin joked, getting up he stepped on something. looking down, he gasped.

"what?"

"I—I stepped o—on it."

changbin looking down, he saw the crushed petals and the destroyed stem. watching the boy's eyes tear up, he didn't know what to say. "u—uh..d—don't cry!" changbin immediately said. "it's just a flower!"

"j—just a flower! it's a living thing and I just took its life away!" woojin put his hands on his face as he shed a couple tears.

"there are more flowers!"

woojin shook his head. "one flower is unique, they can't be like the rest." wiping his tears away he smiled. "just like you."

picking up the squished cigarette on the ground. he shoved it into changbin's face. "you were the flower. I was the cigarette. the amount of steps I take, are the amount of cigarettes you inhale. which makes your death harsh and tragic. something took your life away, how tragic would that be? such a small item, yet so powerful. that cigarette sees you as it's slave. so put them down, give me your box. and I'll help you."

changbin letting his words flow through his mind. he listened, grabbing the cigarette box from his pocket. he handed it to woojin, the elder smiling he reached out for changbin.

"what's your name?"

"s—seo changbin."

"well changbin, no more cigarettes for you. now your petals will finally bloom."