See you around, scavenger

Once Rey had finished her discussion with Leia she headed to one of the cabin of the Falcon and seated in one of the seat.

Now she needed to meditate.

A question was echoing in her head since she left Leia's room:

'What am I going to do when if I meet him on the battlefield?

She knew Ben Solo was here. But she also knew that if she couldn't turn him, she won't have the choice: she will have to kill him.

'Fortunately Leia didn't get mad at me'
She told herself.

"Why would she get mad at you?"asked a voice in her back she recognized immediately.

Luckily for him she didn't have her lightsaber. She didn't think he would have liked another scar on his face.

"Why doesn't it stops ? It should have ended when Snoke died. He was the one who created it."said Rey

"You didn't answer my question."

Rey was surprised by the tone he used. It sounded kind, nothing to do with the vicious but calm tone she was accustomed to.

Rey turned around and met his gaze.

"Why would she get mad at you?"he repeated.

Rey hesitated. She opened her mouth to say something but she then restrained herself. Why would she talk to him? Didn't he say he will destroy her?The connection should have ended and everything should be back to normal and how it was before. He was her enemy. The bad guy and her the hero. He was the Sith Lord and she was the Jedi.

"They asked me to tell them what happened since I last see them. I told them the entire story, but I omitted to mention some...things like the connection we share, and I lied to them about what happened on the Dreadnought. I was scared they would think I was betraying them or sympathizing with the enemy. Leia didn't trust the lie I told, so she asked me to tell her the truth."she confessed.

She heard a sound and she could swear it was a stifled laugh. She turned back and gazed at his face. He was wearing his black outfit as usual and his dark hair was making tangles all around his head. A little smirk painted itself on his face.

"I doubt someone can ever lie to her" he started in a calm voice she once heard "I remember when I was a child my fath...Han was taking me to dangerous expeditions but my mother was completely against it. So when she was coming back home, she always used to ask me what I did during the day and I had to lie to her. She never trusted me."

Rey laughed as she imagined little Ben Solo trying to lie to his mother.

'Why is he so kind suddenly ?'she asked herself.
It felt amazing to have him sharing his childhood's memories with her.

She then remembered he could read her thoughts so she preferred to shut up.

She hoped he didn't hear that one.
They stood here in silence. Actually none of them knew what to say.

///

'Why is he so kind suddenly?' he heard her thinking.

She was right : Why was he so kind to her after all that he told her? The only explanation he found was that he wanted to know how she would react if he was kind to her. Well he already how she would react, and he'd rather have her being sympathetic to him than having threatening him. But he didn't do that only because of curiosity also because he wanted to be kind to her. He wanted to see something else than anger and hatred in her eyes. He wanted to see them soften and spark, just like on Ahch-To. He wanted to see her smile. In a way he also wanted to thank her for having been fighting with him, in the Throne Room.